Which wrasse pair should I get?

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
I'm getting a McCosker's flasher wrasse trio and some other wrasses by themselves but I want a male and female pair of some of the more expensive wrasses which one should I get?

Can't choose for you on taste, but whatever your favorite lfs can get in healthy you will be proud of

Barbara;365857 wrote: I have been quite impressed with my Pylei's fairies. The male is the Cebu version (not my favorite coloration for Pylei's), but he's growing on me. The female is the Vanuatu version. When I first saw a male Vanuatu Pylei's I knew I wanted one, but would never pay $200 for a fish. I then talked to a few friends who said their pylei's just hid in the reef, or were nocturnal, so I further contended that a pylei's wasn't for me. But then I lucked into one that came into Creation Reef as a mistake from the distributor (at a much reduced price), and so I snapped him up. Then Jeremy Maneyapanda told me that Pylei's were very proud fish, so I hoped that he was right......and he was. My male is the proudest peacock in the tank. I lucked into a similar deal on a female and now the pair are some of my favorites. And they are not shy. I see them all day long.

Of course Flames are always nice. They are bold, proud, not timid and beautifully colored. And easy to find locally, versus some of the others you mention.
Barbra, Do you have any pics if these wrasses? Thanks for the info!

I voted for flames just because I think they are the most consistently colored. Would a supermale lineatus blow away a male flame yes, but true supermale lineatus are hard to come by and, IME, tend to lose coloration. The female flames are nice as well.

IMG_2912.jpg

I like all these wrasses for different reasons, so I'm not sure what the deciding factor is going to be. I may end up getting two pairs. My sister and I really like the girldeld fairy wrasse but we will probobly have to order them of LA which I'm not sure about doing. Here is a pic of the girldeled wrasse, it kindof grows on you.
alt="" /></a>

LA is the absolute best place to get healthy fish IMO. Especially the divers den. They are almost always heathy, but you pay a premium for that.

i saw a girdled wrasse at Tims one time.. dont know if its something he gets often tho..

Back