Who makes a good bio pellet?

carey1465

Market
Reaction score
Getting ready to hook my bio pellet reactor up and is curious to see what brand bio pellet everyone is using. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not nearly as many ppl do anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I making a wrong decision? I read that it can leave a film in the the water if the output of the reactor return isn't near the skimmer. Anything else I should be concerned about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use all in one biopellets by dvh. Haven't noticed a film on the water. When I started my nitrates were are 20 ppm and they are now 5 ppm.

I think there is a danger in retrofitting bp to an established tank. I'm sore there are exceptions, but I've seen. Lot of crashes happen.
I think you have to really start slow
I'm definitely no expert

SnowManSnow;1044727 wrote: I think there is a danger in retrofitting bp to an established tank. I'm sore there are exceptions, but I've seen. Lot of crashes happen.
I think you have to really start slow
I'm definitely no expert

+1 starting slow is very important

I have been using BRS bio-pellets since I started my 180 gallon and have had nothing but good results. Its amazing how much these can do if you use them correctly. I did start slow and started ramping up every 3 months or so. Havent experienced any of the film that people warn about but I do keep my reactor output very close to the skimmer intake.

Back