Will Joe's Juice kill palys?

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
I need to kill some palys that are going crazy in my 28g. They are not bad looking, but grow like weeds and are attached to the main rock. I tried using a scalpel and this didn't work well. I am wondering if a shot of Joe's Juice would take care of them?

Thanks,
Jeff

I'm pretty sure it will; just be careful and don't get on any desirable corals; I am slowly nuking my xenia the same way

....and do a little bit at a time as well-you don't want a massive dieoff (I am guessing on this tip, but makes sense to me)

Fight fire with fire!!!

Place a few LE montis around the palys and let them fight it out. Montis will win. Well unless what you have is protopalys then they will win the battle.

Are the pink palys?

The are peachish/tannish in the middle with purplish/pinkish skirts. I will post a pic later.

Here is a pic shortly after I mounted the frag, started with 5 - 10 polyps believe it or not. They are the ones on the main rock in the lower middle.

IMG_0056.jpg
alt="" />

Here is a more recent pic, they have grown even more:

IMG_0009-1.jpg
alt="" />

They are growing much more now. I will post another pic when I get home. There is a clam at the top of that rock that is partially covered. I wish I would not have let the clam attach there. It seemed like a good place at the time.

you could try a plasma torch.. im sure that will kill them :)

Joes Juice will probably kill palys/zoas. When you apply it make sure your PHs and return pumps are off, and be mindful what is underneath the thing you are trying to kill. Any Joes Juice that falls and stays on corals can injure or kill it.
Dave

Fish Scales2;294453 wrote: Fight fire with fire!!!

Place a few LE montis around the palys and let them fight it out. Montis will win. Well unless what you have is protopalys then they will win the battle.

Are the pink palys?

Can you use millis as a natural paly killer? I've got some green palys that grow super fast and kill everything in sight. What do protopalys look like?

Now that we've gotten the constructive advice in, I have to say, when I read the title of this thread, my first reaction was:

"No. You usually need a mage, shadow priest, or other ranged spell dps."

chauwall;294562 wrote: Can you use Milli's as a natural paly killer? I've got some green palys that grow super fast and kill everything in sight. What do protopalys look like?

Hmm, I believe the millie would normally win however the pictures above worry me a bit, I do not know if they are protopalys or not (i dont not know how to tell the difference, they look exactly alike to me) I have seen pink palys that very similar to these take over almost every type of coral including aptasia and mojanos.

Can anybody help with protopaly identification.

My experience is that surprisingly Joes/kalk would not kill those pesky button polyps. I tried several times, but they just came back. Needless to say I was VERy surprised. It finally killed them when the BTA moved in on top of them.

I would try anyways since joes is fairly safe. If you can remove teh rock from the aquarium, you really can use a torch to burn the target areas of the rock, and thus the palys.

Back