Wiring Meanwell LDD-700HW or LDD-1000HW

rodasphoto

Market
Reaction score
I am anxiously waiting for my drivers to get in and was looking at the spec sheet for them and noticed it had 5 wires. Two would provide power to the LEDs, 2 power the drivers, and a single PWM dimming wire. I tried googling how to connect these but not much info. I am trying to hook these up to the ReefAngel Controller I just purchased with PWM dimming extension module which has a positive and negative port to control dimming.

The single PWM wire goes to the + line on the dimming module, and the - lines are tied together as ground.

The +/- input wires on the LDD drivers go to your input voltage power supply, and the +/- on the output go to the LEDs.

DO NOT connect the input negative line and output negative lines together - they must be seperate.

Rodasphoto;858793 wrote: I am anxiously waiting for my drivers to get in and was looking at the spec sheet for them and noticed it had 5 wires. Two would provide power to the LEDs, 2 power the drivers, and a single PWM dimming wire. I tried googling how to connect these but not much info. I am trying to hook these up to the ReefAngel Controller I just purchased with PWM dimming extension module which has a positive and negative port to control dimming.

I've got some spare boards if you'd like. You'll have to buy the components and solder then on but they eliminate the guesswork.

jbadd99;858829 wrote: I've got some spare boards if you'd like. You'll have to buy the components and solder then on but they eliminate the guesswork.

He can't use them - the HW version (LDD-1000HW, etc) have Wires attached to them, not pins.

GiulianoM;858830 wrote: He can't use them - the HW version (LDD-1000HW, etc) have Wires attached to them, not pins.

Ah, I see that now... That's what I get for reading an responding to posts before I've had my coffee after a late night of soldering ;)

GiulianoM;858830 wrote: He can't use them - the HW version (LDD-1000HW, etc) have Wires attached to them, not pins.

I choose the wired ones. I plan to throw them in a project box. Can you pm me a price on the boards? I can probably cut the wire down and solder the wires to the boards.

Rodasphoto;858856 wrote: I choose the wired ones. I plan to throw them in a project box. Can you pm me a price on the boards? I can probably cut the wire down and solder the wires to the boards.

How many drivers are you running? Each board holds 5 drivers.

So you'll need two boards total.

You won't need the DIP Sockets since yours are wired.

Optionally, you can add post terminals like http://www.ebay.com/itm/220611887337?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649">thest</a> for easy power/PWM connections.

As for the cost, for the two boards... make me an offer. They cost me $30 for 10 shipped from Hong Kong. Frag trades accepted too :shades:.

Back