zoa nudis

blind1993

Market
Reaction score
i saw some thing that resembled a bristle worm but not exactly so i took the all my zoas out and iodine diped them, what do zoa nudis look like? will the iodine dip kill them?

i think i might have them,

anyone know how to kill them? they are only on two zoas and are easy to get to.

right now as we speak i am doing a freshwater dip for 10min. i will do it daily untill the zoa nudis are gone.

how to do i kill the eggs sacks?

Don't do it daily, it will kill it, maybe every other day will be fine.

Dipping zoas will only kill what has already hatched. The dip does not kill the eggs that may be present on the them. Best of luck. They are definitely hard to eradicate :yuk:

i think i got rid of them. i havent seen any since the day i did the dip and most of my zoas are open except two and thats because the nudis ripped them open and they are now headless.

do you guys know how long i should wait before i add anymore zoas?

I got a relly cool set of hot pink zoas that are on three diferent rocks... all of a sudden all are closed except for a few.. weird as they are all three in different locals and all of the many other zoas in the tank are fine, seems that only this strain are having trouble....Been doin fine for 2 years and now this. Seems someone in the tank has a taste for bubblegum!!

family reefer;195469 wrote: I got a relly cool set of hot pink zoas that are on three diferent rocks... all of a sudden all are closed except for a few.. weird as they are all three in different locals and all of the many other zoas in the tank are fine, seems that only this strain are having trouble....Been doin fine for 2 years and now this. Seems someone in the tank has a taste for bubblegum!!

mine are hot pink and those are the only ones that were infected.

Eric Borneman has written his findings on using potassium permanganate on zoa eating nudibranchs which will also kill their eggs. Read this summary and also click on the first link to learn more:
a>

Back