Zoa Pox

I used Furan-2 when i had the issue. seemed to work well, just a pain. and not an in tank treatment.
here's what i used as instructions
a>

outdrsyguy1;987335 wrote: I used Furan-2 when i had the issue. seemed to work well, just a pain. and not an in tank treatment.
here's what i used as instructions
http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php">http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php</a>[/QUOTE]

Just read that off google mine affected are frags i bought. looks like its just starting but want to nip it now.

Any other tips or advice is helpful just searched my frag tank have 4 frags affected should i treat my whole system or target treat

Furan-2 dips as listed on Zoaid or cephalexin (get from a vet or online) at 2x the frequency (ideally morning and night) or for 2x as long. The cephalexin seems gentler on the zoas (bonus in that it's also NOT a suspected human carcinogen) and completely knocked out the pox in my tank 2 years ago and counting... I kept having recurrences with the Furan-2 regimen, despite no post-treatment new additions during that time.

In either case... make your dip with used tank water instead of fresh/new saltwater - saves you a whooooole lotta temp/ph/alkalinity matching and lessens the shock on the treated zoanthids. And continue the dips for at least a day or two after the pox seem to clear.

BulkRate;987377 wrote: Furan-2 dips as listed on Zoaid or cephalexin (get from a vet or online) at 2x the frequency (ideally morning and night) or for 2x as long. The cephalexin seems gentler on the zoas (bonus in that it's also NOT a suspected human carcinogen) and completely knocked out the pox in my tank 2 years ago and counting... I kept having recurrences with the Furan-2 regimen, despite no post-treatment new additions during that time.

In either case... make your dip with used tank water instead of fresh/new saltwater - saves you a whooooole lotta temp/ph/alkalinity matching and lessens the shock on the treated zoanthids. And continue the dips for at least a day or two after the pox seem to clear.

Thanks just ordered some Furan-2 offline since i dont have nothing local to me that carrys it gonna try it here soon

Use nitrile gloves when doing the Furan course just to be on the safe side.

But I'll bet that the health hazards are more valid for significantly higher concentrations & longer exposure times than treating a few zoa frags for a few minutes days will get you. I just prefer to get the other stuff instead seeing as I have a local vet nearby and see him with our dog every few months.

Back