atlorange's new slow upgrade

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
upgrading again. Here is my list so far

Planet aquarium 48x24x22 rimless low iron (ordered through Premier Aquatics)
modern stand with extra doors on the ends also built by Planet
Synergy Reef Shadow overflow
Elite Aquatics RRS-33 sump
Deltec SC 1456 skimmer
2 Radion G3 Pros
2 Giessmann Razor T5 retro kits (4 bulbs total)
2 MP40QWD
Bubble Magus Doser
Custom ceramic Bonsai reefscape:
bonsai_1.jpg
alt="" />

Tank is being built, probably about 3 weeks out. More to come as progress is made.

Thanks for looking.

That bonsai reefscape is super interesting looking, I imagine filled out with corals it will look stunning.

zachxlutz;1109298 wrote: That bonsai reefscape is super interesting looking, I imagine filled out with corals it will look stunning.

That's the idea. 100% SPS like my current tank, but much more realestate. All the plates are removable and interchangeable, so fragging will be very convenient.

Well, the tank and stand should be done this week. I temporarily moved the office desk out of the room to make room for rearranging and running both tanks simultaneously for a couple months.

Once I moved the desk out and remeasured I realized that my current frang tank stand will not fit where I want it given the size of the display (the frag tank stand is 45X24X40). So I am having planent build me a matching 24X24X40 stand. This will house all my dry equipment as well.

I have been busy building my floating canopy. I am not a very good carpenter at all, but should end up with something workable.

I have received all the plumbing, return pump, ceramic scape, etc. Only things that are missing is the tank, the 2 stands, the hanging kit for the canopy and 2 reactors on backorder.

Tank and display stand should arrive late next week. Getting excited.

Update. I got the canopy built and stained this weekend. Not perfect, but I'm happy with it being my first wood project really.

I just got word that aquarium and stand have arrived and will be delivered tomorrow. Man, my little office will be cramped while both systems run.

I also put in an order to have Planet build me a 24X24X40 matching stand for my frag tank that will be connected to this system.

Lots to do, but getting excited.

The only other thing not built yet is the Elite Aquatics sump. Hopefully that will get done by next week or so.

atlorange;1111051 wrote: Update. I got the canopy built and stained this weekend. Not perfect, but I'm happy with it being my first wood project really.

I just got word that aquarium and stand have arrived and will be delivered tomorrow. Man, my little office will be cramped while both systems run.

I also put in an order to have Planet build me a 24X24X40 matching stand for my frag tank that will be connected to this system.

Lots to do, but getting excited.

The only other thing not built yet is the Elite Aquatics sump. Hopefully that will get done by next week or so.
We need pictures or it didn't happen 😉

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

BrandonMason;1111057 wrote: We need pictures or it didn't happen

Here's the sump that just got finished today.
6d130c6170570a0cc7890cba2adacdcd.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's what I'm talking about! Nice...

Dapperjman;1111085 wrote: That orange is awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks. I think it will look good with all the orange plumbing I ordered.

Back