Breeding clownfish

holley123

Market
Reaction score
I have a pair of black clowns and I have had them for about 6 months I was gonna try to breed them how do I get started?

Yeah, I need a good intern. Cleanliness is next to godliness. If you want to play god, you need to learn how to clean :)

jamescook;729287 wrote: Yeah, I need a good intern. Cleanliness is next to godliness. If you want to play god, you need to learn how to clean :)

Lol.... if I had not met you already James this comment woulda made me want to be friends

I work here 205 Jade Dr 30605 everyday. I'm basically "Neptune's janitor". If you want to help/learn about breeding, come on over.
You really ought to first read through the breeding logs of Bob,Bud,JJ,et al. And there's a ton of info on MOFIB too

Clowns lay eggs on a hard surface. Some females prefer to lay eggs on the bottom, side or underneath a ledge. A flower pot provides all those options, so the breeder doesn't have to guess the preference. Generally that female will lay on the same angle every time.

You can also use 3 tiles in a triangle against the wall ... provides all angles (same concept).

If you are serious about trying raising clowns and want the basics before you see James get Joyce Wilkerson's book on clownfish. It is slightly dated, but you'll get 95% of the basics ... James could fill you in on the recent advances in products & techniques since it was written. It would save you and him some time.

Then again ... might mean less free cleaning! :yes:

Back