Fishlips 180 build

Thats what i wanted to here.Do you have 2 overflows on your tank,Running one in the skimmer chammber and the other into fuge.How much flow do you have going threw sump.

I use a Bean Animal. All drain lines into the skimmer compartment. The return tees with a ball valve to fee the fuge. My return pump is rated at 1680 gal/hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good.Was thinking of running both drains into intake chamber, Teeing off 25% of flow into fuge.Pumps about 1150 .I think i got a plan.Do you think 9" baffles are good.Foot print of tank calls for 15 gal power outage flow. That will give me 18 gal to handle.I think 9" will cover most skimmers.I need to up grade from my nwb 150 octopuss.It sits in 8"

That a sounds about right. I didn't calculate mine. I just did what looked good and gave it a try. Hehehe. But I did a leak test in the driveway first. I have pretty good pics in my build thread if you want to see how I plumbed it. Search for "Rich's 125"

Thanks for the info.I will post pics of the sump when i get my baffles cut.Just going to get 4.I wil check it out.Jim

With all the room you have in your stand, you may get more fuge if you go external skimmer.

If you are thinking of upgrading anyway..

nickg;854057 wrote: With all the room you have in your stand, you may get more fuge if you go external skimmer.

If you are thinking of upgrading anyway..
That is true.But i would like the option of either one.Plus i cant upgrade yet.If my wife new how many Thous...Oh no i better not even post it.Anyway got a lot in this one.

Fishlips;854284 wrote: That is true.But i would like the option of either one.Plus i cant upgrade yet.If my wife new how many Thous...Oh no i better not even post it.Anyway got a lot in this one.

Hey I won't tell if you don't ;)

Moving like a snail on steroids.Got my glass cut for my baffles.Today i siliconed them in.First section 12" for skimmer and intake.Then 3" b- trap.Middle section for return,11.5".The last section for fuge,9".Will pumb 25% of intake to fuge.Its still drying.Will post pics soon of sump before setting it under tank

Got the sump under tank.Easyer said then done.Moving a 180 off stand,take screws out of brace,set 40 breeder in from topside,set tank back.Then relevel tank.Im starting to like my 90 gal.LOL..I do got a question or 2.Im getting ready to install my aqueon overflow kits.My overflows are off set 8" from corners.The drains go on the closest to the corners and the returns face the middle.And one more.I always glue the return section,is that whats recommended.

awesome tank... I have thought about doing the same thing... with all mine I just started...and only maintaining ONE LARGE tank... but.... that means floor bracing, bigger sump, etc...
Good Luck with the build... I have learned so so so much from all yal tank builders... some too tech for me...
I am sure when it is done... it is gonna look awesome... looks good even empty... the dust is cheaper.

Well,dose everyone pvc glue the return pipes in the overflow box and the bulkhead.I know the drain dose not get glued.But not sure about the return.Its been about 7 yrs since i did my last one.

Fishlips;859866 wrote: Well,dose everyone pvc glue the return pipes in the overflow box and the bulkhead.I know the drain dose not get glued.But not sure about the return.Its been about 7 yrs since i did my last one.

I'd glue anything under pressure(via pump). I still glued most my drains and put some unions in for disassembly and cleaning.

bycjoe;859867 wrote: i'd glue anything under pressure(via pump). I still glued most my drains and put some unions in for disassembly and cleaning.

+1

Have the mega overflow kits installed.Started on plumbing drains.Will post pics when all plumbing is done.Plan on doing water test next weekend.When i said a slow build,its slow.My soft corals and a few lps in the temporary 29 gal are doing great.

Well,about 1 more month, i will be moving my corals and fish from my 90 and my temporary 29 tanks to the 180.Just did freshwater test through system.No leaks.:yay:

RO water is going in tank as we post.Its been a slow build.All the coral that has been in holding tank 29 gal, have been good sports.They have been in there over a month or so.It wont be long.2 weeks i hope to have them in.Going to put the rock in when salt gets mixed.The rock has been in a holding tank as well,with no light.The rock has been in my 60 for 6 to 7 yrs.

150 gal of ro water mixed with salt is in and mixed.Im going to stop it at this level.NowNow for a question.Im going to have a shallow sandbed 1" or seaflor sp grade sand.Im not going to put it in yet.I have in the past put it in before rock.This time after asking many,and kinda asking again,Can the the live rock go in right on the glass bottom.Them i will put my sand in after all rock is in.If so, rock will be going in today.

Fishlips;873004 wrote: 150 gal of ro water mixed with salt is in and mixed.Im going to stop it at this level.NowNow for a question.Im going to have a shallow sandbed 1" or seaflor sp grade sand.Im not going to put it in yet.I have in the past put it in before rock.This time after asking many,and kinda asking again,Can the the live rock go in right on the glass bottom.Them i will put my sand in after all rock is in.If so, rock will be going in today.

Yes. That is exactly what I would do.

Back