Magnifica

I'm planning to drop it in the main tank this afternoon.
Its been 7 nights of tx/8 days of observation. It has only deflated 1 time, which was last Saturday.
As far as I know - it looks good but we'll see...fingers crossed

I've already been eyeing some of PEA's previously sold mags on R2R trying to get an idea of color...I can't tell colors in white light worth a darn.
I don't know what purple or yellow tips look like. I've seen a few lemon lime ones but they honestly look bleached.
Orion loves his purple tipped doodoo colored one...but I'm not sold on it being pretty.

I think it depends on the collection point. Different locales have different colors. Like some from africa are lighter with red foot and some more over to the indo area can have purple foot with green tents. Nemguy123 on reef2reef use to import mags and gigs and he would get some wild color combos in. But he hasn’t been on in a couple years

I think it depends on the collection point. Different locales have different colors. Like some from africa are lighter with red foot and some more over to the indo area can have purple foot with green tents. Nemguy123 on reef2reef use to import mags and gigs and he would get some wild color combos in. But he hasn’t been on in a couple years
Last I heard from him, he was focusing more on LTAs and Sebaes. That must have been 2+ years ago now though. He had/has some animals that I still don't believe were real haha.

Last I heard from him, he was focusing more on LTAs and Sebaes. That must have been 2+ years ago now though. He had/has some animals that I still don't believe were real haha.
Yea it’s probably been over 2 years since I spoke to him. All this talk about mags almost lite another fire for me to get one again so I was going to hit him up, but I saw he hasn’t been on in a couple years so I didn’t bother. Gig’em also has some nice stuff. I think he has gigs and mags that have been splitting for him. He posts one for sale from time to time.

Billie Joe Armstrong Guitar GIF by Green Day

Nice, it’s looking good. Also something I’ve seen that helps others keep it in one spot is having a kessil above it as a spot light running at a bit higher par

Give them some time thought...
And if that fails...
Ive used flashlight in the dark trick with success in the past.
When all lights are out, (best if 100% dark surrounding) point a flashlight (like led) directly onto the anemone.

When i did this, the cowfishes were the only one interested and came over 4' within two night.

random update/thoughts

1. clowns still ignoring the mag
2. running carbon and keeping an eye on the csbs with the mag...so far it looks ok. csbs didn't seem to extend as much but i may just be paranoid.
3. per dr. mac i tried feeding the mag and my other nems tdo pellets...that didnt go well at all. the csbs looked like total crap and purged the pellets. mag also shriveled up a bit until it purged them as well
4. dr. mac says mags don't need to be treated but per r2r it seems that everyone who did not cipro their mags lost them...put dr. mac's advise on the questionable list
5. randomly stopped by nemos and they appear to have had a new shipment of mags - all doodoo colored. didn't think about it while at the store but messaged same afterwards to see if they can obtain red based mag
6. sigh...its monday

Last edited:
Im honestly surprised the clowns arnt in it already. What kind of clowns are they?

Why bother feeding it? If its not catching whatever you feed the fish toss a shrimp at it once a month.

Also to be fair, I never did cipro on my nem. I just did a 16 day QT and tossed it in. Never saw a need to treat it for anything.

Feeding pellets definitely goes in the no-thanks category! It's so easy to slice up some frozen shrimp from the grocery store.
100% agree
i've always fed my nems frozen and they've done well...but i watched a video from pea and dr. mac said he fed his mags with tdo pellets so i gave it a try...and correct, the nems said no-thanks

Im honestly surprised the clowns arnt in it already. What kind of clowns are they?

Why bother feeding it? If its not catching whatever you feed the fish toss a shrimp at it once a month.

Also to be fair, I never did cipro on my nem. I just did a 16 day QT and tossed it in. Never saw a need to treat it for anything.

theyre davinci clowns - i believe ocellaris. granted its only been a few days...but man if i went through all this trouble and they reject the host...it'd be disappointing.

i direct fed most of my animals...idk just out of habit.

thats awesome, i've read the cipro/anti-cipro threads on r2r and made the decision to deal with the headache now rather than later or possibly not at all. plus i had csbs in the tank and would rather be overly cautious than not.

I saw the mags the other day at Nemo’s. I’ll wait for your experience but makes me want to try one for my clown trio. I gave up on BTA’s several years ago

Back