MP40 Cradle

Steve Burton

Vice President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Latest project. Had the cable stickey come loose and an MP40 came off on my 3/4" thick glass.. Melevs Reef carries them for the MP60s, (for $25) but not the 40s yet. I had a scrap of 3/8" thick acrylic so I made this, first draft prototype. Very hard to work with because its so thick.. Had to get some Weldon 16 so I went to Calsak Plastics and ended up buying a remnant of 3/16" to make the rest since I need four. I'll try to improve a bit on the design.
20220419_115655.jpg

Update: 3/16" is so much easier to work with. It is still quite difficult to cut circles. Just starting to get halfway decent and I'm done. I'm using some clear indoor/outdoor double sided Gorilla tape I had laying around.
20220422_101728.jpg

Nice work. I din't know there was such a thing. I can never get the zip tie holders to remain on the glass for my MP10's either.

I wish I had known about these before when my mp60 dry sides were sliding down

I use these IM tank lid clips, drill a hole in the horizontal flat, put them on the tank rim with flat on outside (backwards). Then use a zip tie or piece of string, line, etc. to connect to and support the Vortech. They will never fall off. Works great for rimless tanks.

I use these IM tank lid clips, drill a hole in the horizontal flat, put them on the tank rim with flat on outside (backwards). Then use a zip tie or piece of string, line, etc. to connect to and support the Vortech. They will never fall off. Works great for rimless tanks.

Nice but my canopy prevents me from using those. I did use an eye hook in the canopy though. 20220424_121615.jpg

I think I like these better. I can now pull the wet sides for cleaning without fear of the dry side falling, and get it back in the same spot with just one hand.20220424_121225.jpg

I could have 3D print you that which would be pretty easy. But yours looks very good. Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd bet there are probably some people interested.. It is great to not have to worry worry about it falling off when I remove the inside for cleaning, so easy to clean it and put it back in the same spot. People with MP10s, but especially MP40s and MP60s.

Yea anyone interested in this can send me some measurements and I can design print for anyone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back