My Snowcassos laid!!

slayer

Market
Reaction score
I thought one of my pairs of snowcasso's was laying when i left a week ago on vacation for thankxgiving. But with my hectic schedule i didn't keep tabs. I came home 2 days ago and today i found a pair of my favorite clowns laying..:yay:... i think this is their 3rd time laying.. I couldn't get real good pics because i didn't want to interrupt them...will keep you posted on their progress...I'm going to pull their pot next week when the larvae are expected to hatch if they laid a decent size clutch...:yes:

fingers crossed!
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
708485=33699-IMG_20111129_160632.jpg
>
708485=33699-IMG_20111129_160632.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_20111129_160632.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
708485=33700-IMG_20111129_160651.jpg
>
708485=33700-IMG_20111129_160651.jpg
class="gc-images" title="IMG_20111129_160651.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Congrats! I remember you said that you thought they might lay eggs soon. Great news.

When you sell them make sure you call them Snowcassos! I find it absolutely ridiculous that one can trade mark a species name. I mean how does one Snowcassos mate with another Snowcasso create something other than a Snowcasso?

then you should buy a pair from donisreef just like Jaime did.
And when you start breeding all those LE clowns, you might find that they do not all produce the same quality offspring. Some picassos produce normal (misbar) percs.

jamescook;708592 wrote: then you should buy a pair from donisreef just like Jaime did.
And when you start breeding all those LE clowns, you might find that they do not all produce the same quality offspring. Some picassos produce normal (misbar) percs.

Not sure what your position here is but I'll cover what and where I think your going with this. I understand that breeding does not produce consistant preferred offspring if even at all. That's not my point, I didn't specify this as it is irrelevant imo. If and when two Snowcassos do produce markings "consistent" with Snowcassos does it make sense they can not be called Snowcassos due to a so called location specific breeding point trademark?

Fwiw that trademark does not stand a chance of holding up in court and that's If she truly has one at all.

As someone who breeds fish for a living, yes it does. If you want a Snowcasso tm then contact Doni. Her quality control is second to none.
My Picassos I got from Shane (harleyguy) produce the best looking picassos I've ever seen. Lots of white, helmet etc. I would never call them snowcassos, just crazy looking percs.
good night all

jamescook;708602 wrote: As someone who breeds fish for a living, yes it does.
Really? I did not think that was possible. Congrats to you.

MvM;708605 wrote: Really? I did not think that was possible. Congrats to you.

You should see his setup. It is very impressive!!!

Those are some beautiful fish! Hope you are able to raise some!:thumbs:

jamescook;708602 wrote: As someone who breeds fish for a living, yes it does. If you want a Snowcasso tm then contact Doni. Her quality control is second to none.
My Picassos I got from Shane (harleyguy) produce the best looking picassos I've ever seen. Lots of white, helmet etc. I would never call them snowcassos, just crazy looking percs.
good night all

Honestly it doesn't matter one way or the other to me, I just think its a ridiculous notion. I'm only interested in the unique coloration some of the designer clowns carry. Having said that I would love the opportunity to buy those crazy looking percs you have.

Goodnight

Snowcasso, trademarks, and doni all have the same reaction from folks on any forum that talk about this.:sad:

I personally don't blame doni for trying to trademark her product...a little over the top...yea maybe..
I think that if you have a snowcasso and get it to breed with another snowcasso you should be allowed to call the offspring snowcasso. But unfortunately she has trademarked the name and it is hers to do with as she wishes. Personally I would allow the name to be passed on to continue to ensure my legacy grew with every generation.

As for my babies I'll just start my own breed maybe jaicassos?

As for my babies I'll just start my own breed maybe jaicassos?

I like it!
then I can still use jacasso! now that's funny!:) get it?

How long till I can add it to my clown collection.

PS I demand u sell to me before u do Jesse .

Back