New Logo Design! Rough Drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would post a pic but bad drawings are no fun to look at. :)

well it’s a good thing this post is for draft ideas. It is not for flushed-out designs that are complete... so you’re in good company!

Draw it up with pencil and paper, and share with us your ideas.

At this stage, we are gathering a variety of different and unique designs... later we will toy with drafting up computer images of the selected ideas, editing the font, adjust the size of components, flipping the direction, changing colors, etc...

I like this one! Clean and simple. I like the less is more.

Just change the font of the "Atlanta Reef Club" to a thinner font? Also, can we get that dorsal fin a little higher at top?
Absolutely, less is more. and I like this one too.

Just to reiterate, this is a thread for unique logo ideas/drafts. We are not quite refining ideas yet, but we will very soon. At that point, we can make these types of edits.

Obviously rough, but maybe something different like an octopus holding eight different popular Corals? Or maybe even holding eight different things that are important to us as a group?

maybe a single z/p since it’s semi round and it would make a good circular kind of base logo?

BD8D690C-BF4F-4B7B-B5F3-01411EDB530B.jpeg

@1mbrews8 Such an awesome and unique idea! By instinct, I’d say ‘not for my tastes‘. nonetheless, this won’t be dismissed. I’m going to give those some serious thought and look at those ideas from other perspectives!

Just wanted to say thanks for going out on such a huge limb! I love the initiative!

What about something like a long nose hawkish sitting on top of a piece of coral?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I like this too, could have a few versions wit different fish...
1591104750919.png

But I really like this...good job! Very professional and would look great on a shirt, hat, or coffee mug.
1591104810108.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing around more, adding color etc- you can tweak and move things around and add color. Not really sure what you are looking for in the logo so any specific direction would be helpful.
View attachment 24461

Really like the basic outline of this one by @sharis100. The monochromatic set up plays to a very modern look. While the yellow really just pops and catches the eye of the viewer. Yellow always has this effect.
Font, word selection and fish choice open to discussion.

Putting on my PM hat and poking the bear: what's the timetable on this project? This thread is a month old.

Lol. Have a little patience guys. It was not the intention before to rush this; that approach was tried before and failed. That said, I'm ecstatic to have yall's support!!!

Actually, I just passed my defense (essentially a 2+ hour interrogation into why my work is terrible and useless). Woohoo! It was rough, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Meanwhile, I've been working on ARC projects nonstop and coordinating with others.

I was hoping to have a few more draft ideas by this time, but I'm happy that we have a few good drafts! Rest assured, logo development is moving forward to the next phases. Please don't misinterpret this thread being "open yet non-active" as a sign that progress isn't moving forward. I'm keeping it open in case anyone else wishes to submit any other ideas. If that were to happen, those ideas would be considered, but not at point of causing delays.

My apologies, not really used to projects without deliverable dates... just looking for a timetable. Would like to ensure we don't repeat the stagnation of the submissions from December.

If you have a plan for this process, can you share it on another thread? I feel like there may be some easy was to simplify all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back