Radion G4 Pro Will Not Turn On

RobertZ

Supporting
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought two Radion G4 Pros from a member on this forum about two months ago. I never turned them on, but connected them to the USB to check for software updates. I installed them on the tank and left them off while the tank cycled. I am now unable to get the lights to turn on. The buttons are non responsive. I’ve tried a factory reset via the USB cable, tried to enable the buttons using the the Connection Manager The EcoSmart Live app and Möbius app will not locate the lights either. I’ve tried all the options I can find online. I do not have Reeflink and have been able to connect to them via USB. I’ve got the same issue with both lights.

I seriously doubt the lights I purchased are bad as this member is well known (so I didn’t feel the need to check them at purchase). Something is not allowing them to work. Is there anyone in the club that might be able to help me diagnose the issue. I’m in West Marietta and I’d appreciate any help someone might offer.

I unfortunately do not know how to use my multimeter to test the power supplies and diodes. I’ve YouTubed and googled this to death at this point.

I’d appreciate the help if anyone is willing to help me determine if the lights are bad or if something else is going on.

Thanks,
Robert

Some info here might help...
'

Sounds like you may have gotten them corrupted during the update. Don’t “factory reset”, you need to do a restore or update. Much like a computer , if files are missing it won’t boot.

Sounds like you may have gotten them corrupted during the update. Don’t “factory reset”, you need to do a restore or update. Much like a computer , if files are missing it won’t boot.
Thank you and that makes sense. I tried the restore option as well and it says the software is up to date. Is there a way to reload the lights with the initial program (other than restore to factory defaults?)

Thank you and that makes sense. I tried the restore option as well and it says the software is up to date. Is there a way to reload the lights with the initial program (other than restore to factory defaults?)
Download the current firmware and update from it. Or you can cheat the system and if you have some RF chips, you can update it to mobius.( once you go mobius, I don’t believe you can go back to reef link without some work)

Hello again, and thank you all for the suggestions. I’ve tried the items above and the lights still are not turning on. Is there anyone on the forum that repairs lights or would be willing to try to get them to turn on? I’d certainly pay for your time if we can get them working.

I also wonder if they were used with a Reeflink before, that might be the issue. I don’t want to buy a Reeflink just to test. I’ve taken them apart enough to see they have the Black RF chip showing they should work with Wi-Fi.

Any lights on the buttons when plugged in? Have you tried factory reset?

1. Press and hold the center button until all buttons flash red, white, and blue then release

2. Press and hold all 3 buttons until the buttons flash red and purple then release

3. Press and hold the outer 2 buttons until the Radion resets then release

Thanks Steve. I’ve tried that as well and no luck. That was Ecotechs first response. It works on neither light which is what makes me think it’s software, but it could be hardware. I’ve checked the fuses, and they are fine as well.

Is there any power or noise when you press the buttons?

No, there is no power or noise when I press the buttons. I ordered new fuses from Ecotech and installed them yesterday. The lights still do not turn on. I'm thinking about just binning them at this point. This is so frustrating.

No, there is no power or noise when I press the buttons. I ordered new fuses from Ecotech and installed them yesterday. The lights still do not turn on. I'm thinking about just binning them at this point. This is so frustrating.
If you are able to bring them to Duluth, I most likely can see what’s up. Would have to leave them with me for a bit, maybe a week to see.

Back