Random pic of the day thread

7B1F1A3F-904E-47F1-A33B-69C165DA73C0.jpeg
These little shrimp have been such a blast. Battery on my camera died as I was trying to take this, so clip on lens+phone had to do the trick. It was originally standing on the baby shroom and I just missed it 😭

4648152E-770E-4E41-AAE2-9F089414040C.jpeg
I can finally get the purples on this mushroom. I highly doubt this will work with the camera in the tank, but it sure does from the outside. Even with adjusting the WB on the camera and editing in Lightroom, I couldn’t get anywhere near the results with having WB on auto and taping the orange clip on lens for my phone onto my TG-5.

Attachments

• 3B37A5FF-08AD-4D1A-826C-7F86E90C0925.jpeg
    3B37A5FF-08AD-4D1A-826C-7F86E90C0925.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 10
F821B4C7-4541-4C30-8BB0-D9BCAD443E02.jpeg
Excited that all of my mushrooms are pumping out babies, and not just the king kongs. Can’t wait to see how this little lava lamp discosoma turns out. The gold ricordea also has 2 little ones I just recently discovered.

"Tang city"....the 1st Sohal from a previous tank was friendly, this 2nd Sohal is food aggressive towards the purple tangs. Yellow and Purple Tangs were aquacultured and purchased last summer, and the Sohal imported last fall from the Red Sea (war zone, wow).

Attachments

• IMG_2670.jpeg
    IMG_2670.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 15
New friend from Nemo's. Nephew named him Coral Dave and it struck haha.
Super excited to have a frogfish again; it's been years. They are my favorite animals to keep.
View attachment 89513
I kept a sargassum frogfish for a bit while I was living on Kauai. A buddy found a bunch in some flotsam while he was captaining a dive boat and took a few home. They are really cool creatures. It got to where I had to go to tide pools 2-3 times a week to catch enough food for it.

I kept a sargassum frogfish for a bit while I was living on Kauai. A buddy found a bunch in some flotsam while he was captaining a dive boat and took a few home. They are really cool creatures. It got to where I had to go to tide pools 2-3 times a week to catch enough food for it.
I've heard that sargassums need a lot more food than the other species, very interesting! I was hoping Dave would be more sedentary than he is, but he's been out hunting almost every day so I'll likely have to feed him more than the others I've kept haha. The dwarf species I used to have almost never moved.

what do you feed it?
one damsel a month 😈
dragon GIF

Back