RESOLVED Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took it as it had to be at least that increment the numb
It is my understanding that means the minimum bid is $1 i.e. you can't bid $10.01. If it starts at $1 and i want to bid $100 i don't see why that should not be allowed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The auctions are a good addition to the regular selling forum, fun to watch and participate in. I like the definite end time. Anyone can bid as high as they want to eliminate competitive bids from the time it is posted until the end time. If the price is still within someone's price range at the end, they have the opportunity to jump in, which adds to the fun in my opinion. You win some and lose some, there will always be another auction next week. The sellers and buyers also have the option to sell and buy for a set price in the Drygoods/Livestock forum, or the buyers can contact sellers to arrange future purchases of desired items. On a side note, I don't mind a line of caps or a few exclamation points in a post once in a while to emphasize a point, hard to put inflection in writing. And I like that not every seller is here to gouge out every penny possible on every piece.
I'm glad you like the auction addition. I spearheaded it for all the reasons you listed but primarily just to create more traffic and activity overall.

It's definitely been well received and used by a bunch of users every week.

As to your side note, I also understand we shouldn't infer inflection in a post. You know this happens to me frequently... where people overreact to my statements without confirming anything. This is why I clarified with Dave on whether he intended to yell at me. Which he confirmed. So I think I'm justified in saying that its pretty rude. I suspect we won't see much more of that moving forward but it still wasn't cool.

Oh Jin, it's really not all about you. To clarify even further...I was yelling to make a point about the suggestion to add a 10 minute inactive period. Not yelling at you, yelling to make a point about the proposal. You asked for feedback, I gave it.

Oh Jin, it's really not all about you. To clarify even further...I was yelling to make a point about the suggestion to add a 10 minute inactive period. Not yelling at you, yelling to make a point about the proposal. You asked for feedback, I gave it.
Really? That's a poor defense for poor behavior. Can you please try a lil harder to be more civil with your future feedback? Thanks.

Closing this. Will be updating the rules shortly. Thanks.

@FutureInterest What are you changing the rules to? Any rules changes require a BOD discussion first.

I don’t utilize auction forum but I vote to leave as is with a set end date and time but the date/time of ending could change to whatever. Why not let the seller set the end date of auctions?

Last edited:
I think the auctions are a great way to put your best out there. It takes a lot of time and skill to do great frags. And as for the way it is set up, I think it is fair and gives everyone a chance to buy something new! I like it that end time is set. I know when something I like is going to close. That way everyone knows when it will end.

If possible it would be nice if the items had 2 or 3 minutes between, I don't know how to refresh my screen fast enought. Holley

It might be a good idea to have a couple of end times like 8:00, 8:15, 8:30 8:45 & 9:00. Let the auctioneer spread out their auctions. We are also looking at changing the auction end day, maybe move to Thursday’s. The BoD needs to review the options and suggestions at the next BoD meeting which should be soon.

Great points.

It might be a good idea to have a couple of end times like 8:00, 8:15, 8:30 8:45 & 9:00. Let the auctioneer spread out their auctions.

I was thinking the same thing; creating multiple points across 8-9pm or 9-10pm. And if not stated in the original posting, it could be inferred 9pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back