Seachem Customer Support

oldschool52

Market
Reaction score
I've had great response from Seachem customer support. I use 5 differentmfg's brands of test kits. When I get a reading from one of the kits that seems strange or off the charts I compare results with a different kit to verify that the reading is not just caused by a bad kit. Seachem, as far as I'm concerned, has been the most accurate. It may not always be the easiest to use but normally reliable.

I've had calcium and ALK issues lately and when performing a calcium test, using Seachem kit, one of my cats jumped up and knocked over my bottle of titrant. Of course it went all over hard-wood floors. (Caustic stuff, but was able to clean up before any damage).

Now I had about a half used kit (not cheap) with about 10 tests left of titrant. I emailed Seachem and explained the situation, they do NOT sell reagents and other items from kits sepeately. They responded, like normally, within hours. They said they were glad the cat did not get into titrant and if I send them my address they would ship me another bottle of titrant, No Charge !! Now that's good PR and Customer Service. I just want to say KUDOS to Seachem. I'm a retired engineer who has done a good bit of technical customer support and it is a breath of fresh air that this kind of service still exists today. Most of the time with many companies it's "Sorry, for your incunvienence, not our problem". I had a problem some months back with a manufacturers salt, (I've use IO salt for over 35 yrs- Pet smart was out so bought a different name brand on sale, not mentioning names but there answer was, it shouldn't have done that, tuff sh*t. Tank crashed - look up killer salt post if interested.

I have become even more a fan of Seachem products. I think they actually want the hobbiest to do well. Smart PR, If they support and sell and develop products that actually work, with support, I know I'll buy from them. I have had the same support from the people at Instant Ocean. Exceptional customer service.

Just want to thank Seachem and again say KUDOS !!!!!

+1 Dave.

As a retailer I've had awesome support from them too, and they offer free training classes to their retailers - not just how to "sell" the products but the science behind them.

Brian went in April and I'm going in July.

Seachem is a Georgia company so supporting them helps keep jobs in Georgia! Their products are awesome and they back them up with customer support at every level.

I'm glad they took care of you!

Jenn

This is why I sell Seachem instead of Kent Marine or Brightwell in my store. I also use a lot of their products in my store, Reef Salt, Reef Builder, Reef Adv Magnesium, Reef Adv Calcium, Aquavitro Fuel, and more.

Tim

As far as salt, I use IO reef crystals. Been using IO salt for over 35 years with NO problems. I've tried a couple of different salts but always came back to IO. Had problem with one mfg salt and their reply to me was "Not our fault, Not our problem." Will not use anything of theirs anymore and it took over a week and 4 emails from me to get a reply. My situation was an emergency. See my post a few months back - "Killer Salt"

Seachem is the "bomb" as far as other products. Everything I have used is at least a notch above or at least as good as anybody elses products. I do have 5 mfgs test kits. Seachem is the most accurate. As far as I'm concerned customer service with knowledgeable people go a long way. I have gotten great support from Instant Ocean too! Had a problem with Phosphate test kit, 3 of the foil packets were open in the kit. Contacted them and they sent me 2 complete replacement packages of 20 reagents each.

They also are part of the group that handles Marineland (skimmers). Called 800 number to find out how to take apart skimmer without breaking. Person new all about skimmer and told me how to do it immediately. That is what I want when I need cuatomer service, not some morons who know less about the product than I do or read the info from a data sheet. Hell, I can do that and have already exhausted my resources before I call or email their customer service or tech support.

It is good to know there are still some reputable companies out there.

Good to know.

But also, why does the acronym for Manufacturer have a "G"? LoL..

Tyler

All the office staff at SeaChem are required to keep an aquarium in their office space and maintain it themselves so they better understand the customers issues and needs. It is a great company, I only use them for all my additives and test kits.

I gotta say since I switched to Seachem salt and started using Aquavitro products, I've noticed more growth and color out of my SPS pieces like my tri color valida and green mille. My valida has grown more in the past month (when I switched salts) than it did in the previous 3 months.

Thank you all very much for the comments! We really appreciate everyone's support of our company. Dave is right about us wanting the hobbyist to succeed. We would like to see this hobby stay around forever and education and support are the best way we feel we can ensure this will happen. Of course making sure you, as consumers, support your local retailers is another key to the survival of the hobby.We do all have our own tanks here that we are required to maintain. It is very difficult to help someone else with an issue if you haven't experienced it on your own. Actually, not just the technical support team has an office tank. Everyone from the woman who does order processing to the IT manager has one too! Again, thank you for your positive feedback and please do not hesitate to post in this forum if you have any questions at all.

Received my bottle of replacement calcium Test Kit Titrant in the mail yesterday. Just want to let everyone know that Seachem came through with flying colors. It's so nice to do business with a reputable company that's not full of themselves and it's a big deal to me,

**** MADE IN USA ****</em>

Back