Should i?

Jordanny17

Reaction score
Im been thinking of taking a break from the hobby but i still not sure yet,i dont take care like I used to and i been so busy doing other stuffs than i can barely look at the tank 3 years ago i sold everything and then i found this tank and i came back,plus my kids are growing and they want to do a lot of stuffs and thats another reason im not having to much time.im been thinking for like 2 weeks and i still indecisive

Attachments

• IMG_6370.jpeg
    IMG_6370.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 30
I have 3 kids myself and between work, travel, vacation, their extra curricular activities, weekend plans, family events, kids friends b days etc.... yeah I get it. I thought of getting out myself, but once the tank is pretty established, there isn't much maintenance. I scrape the glass every few days that takes a few minutes, water changes on the weekend for sand vacuum takes about 30 min., make and mix water, just a few min a week. It's not bad. And the main reason I don't get out is cause I know I will want to get back in and starting from scratch is very time consuming.

I agree with @civics14. Once you get rid of it you will have that itch to get back in and its a lot of time and money to get back in. Try to simplify the tank schedule as civics has done. I've got a 300-gallon tank and try to keep everything to a minimum so I can enjoy the tank and life. Just my 2 cents but my vote is to keep it.

Gary

I just got back in the hobby and I’m enjoying it. If you can automate as much of the management as you can, affordably.. it becomes much more manageable. Having an ATO with a big container, an automatic feeder, a doser (if needed), and an RODI make things 500 times more manageable.

The most inconvenient thing is allocating all the excess stuff and the space it ties up. Like how I have 2 rollable brutes for water changes and splashing water on the floor, glass myself, etc when near it and then the cleanup.. but that’s just me.

I think you’ll like it. Maybe just don’t spend too much on sensitive livestock or over-the-top equipment and let the simple stuff grow until you’re ready and/or feel like it’s manageable.

Back