1/4 check valves

Yes.

But this seems like a loaded question and could use some more detail on what your doing to really answer what you want to know.

It’s for a Kalk reactor that hooked up to my ato pump. It seems it siphons water back into the container at times. Would like to prevent that from happening again. But bought some valves and the flow rate seems to be much lower. Was wondering if I got a back batch or was it nirmal

idk about these in particular but id imagine they work similar to airline check valves because there’s not a ton of room in there for a flap style valve and if that’s the case then it would definitely restrict the flow. but i like to add a T fitting and a check valve for air pumps as way for air to get Into the line to act as a siphon break rather than a check valve on the water line itself. This way you dont have to worry about the valve clogging with mineral deposits over time and failing.

Also what type did you install

One issue is that hall will probably cause that check valve to fail at some point … I got around this issue by drilling small holes in the hose as a symphony break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/4 check valves are really small and can definitely have a large pressure drop across them.

I do not know what your installation looks like, but for my feed pump I just adjusted the discharges so that it could only siphon a small amount of water before they were exposed to the air. I would consider a vacuum breaker or just adjust the output of your feed line so it is not submerged. Those check valves are not going to work long in that environment imo.

Back