1 bulkhead Aquarium Drill Help

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
Anyone near Marietta able to drill a hole for a 1" bulkhead? I think it takes a 1-3/4" diamond crusted hole saw or something. This is a little beyond my skill, really appreciate anyone that I can bring my 20g tank over to get it drilled.

Thanks!

I am a long ways from you but if you want to bring it by early afternoon tomorrow I could drill it for you. I am about 20 minutes NE of Canton. Are you sure it is not tempered?

I tried looking at it with polarized lenses but couldn't see anything. It doesn't say tempered anywhere but I'll try doing some more research online. Can you pm me your address so I can see how far you are from me?

1008765=58737-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421509901.827276.jpg
>
1008765=58737-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421509901.827276.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421509901.827276.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>
Here's a pic of the tag

Not certain but I think Optimum and/or Creation Reef will do it for a small fee. Probably less then gas to get to my place. LOL

The bottom of Aqueon tanks is tempered. Back/sides are usually not.

Do not attempt to drill the bottom.

Jenn

Thanks for the suggestions, I called but neither drilled tanks. I'm using it as a sump so drilling the top back. Should be safe.

Use a drill press. Put masking tape over the area you wish to drill. Use LOTS AND LOTS of water to keep the glass cool. Go VERY slowly and use a very delicate touch.

It's doable but you have to be very careful. Check YouTube I'm sure there are plenty of video tutorials out there - there's a how-to video for just about everything.

Jenn

I'd be happy to do it, however I'm even farther away then Rich.

Have you thought about trying it yourself, it's not as hard as you might think. It's super easy, heck even Brijesh (picoreef guy) did it and then we let my little one give it a shot next

You just need....
Drill
Diamond bit
Plumbers putty ( Play dough will work or even a gentle flow from a garden hose)
Water

Pm me and I'll be happy to walk you through the process.

Yeah. I will watch some more. I saw a few and definitely Learned different things from each. Best one I saw was a wooden block with a hole drilled in it as the guide. They then put it on top of a larger gasket and filled the guide with water and everything was contained nicely in the guide hole and kept wet.

Yeah what she said ^

Think of it as grinding or wearing away the glass as opposed to drilling. Just use the weight of the drill. The water is used to keep things cool and to wash away the ground glass so you can see what you are doing.

grouper therapy;1008799 wrote: I'm 12 miles west of Marietta and can drill it for you if you like no charge.

Can't beat that with a stick. :)

I have a piece of Acrylic I drilled as a guide and just tape it to the glass where I want the hole. I either run a garden hose or just use a spray bottle. Spray bottle works well.

grouper therapy;1008808 wrote: back to the shop, feel free to e-mail me if you like

Hello there. I'm also in need of having my sump drilled. I'll need a hole drilled for a 1&1/2" bulkhead (59mm/2.32" (Installation Hole Size)). Any chance you can help me out with this?

Back