1 head of my hammer

jgoal55

Market
Reaction score
I noticed that for the last couple of days one of the heads of my hammer (out of 3 total heads) has not been doing well at all.....the other heads open up wide and long but the one head stays shriveled up and barely opens.....

parameters are stable it seems as I have tested a couple of times....

any ideas why just one head would not be doing well? I looked for bugs of some sort and did not see any......

Thanks.

got killed by another coral touchung it, too much flow and burned it? that is a couple reasons. where is it in the tank?

actually, that may be the reason....my gorgonian had a little run in with it and so when I noticed I separated them real fast...might of been touching each other all night though......the tank is not anywhere that outside conditions would effect it so I dont think thats it....

I didnt remember bout the gorgonian but that was like a week ago and he has only been bad for the last couple of days...and I dont think he is dead yet....as he does open a tiny bit and get a tiny fatter but nothing like the healthy heads....is there a chance he could survive that?

theres always a chance till its competely dead. your parms are doing great in that tank so I dont think you have too much to worry about. Did you happen to get that lil reef kit from that meeting at poseidons? if so add a ml or 2 of the iodide, or do a water change.

I've had heads of my hammer look completely contracted down on the skeleton for almost a week. Then I notice brown strings coming out of its mouth, and the next day it's back to normal.

Sometimes they are just expelling wastes.

Any loss of tissue or exposed skeleton?

yes, actually there has been a little loss of tissue and exposed skeleton just on that one head...in fact, its getting a little worse every day......i have no idea what the problem could be other than the gorgonian that touched it....hopefully he comes back but he isnt looking good now.....luckily the other two heads are amazing.

Thanks...

I lost a Hammer due to a Chocolate Chip Starfish. I found him draped over the coral head. I used to like the CCS, but I liked the coral more. The CCS has moved out of the aquarium. I think it was responsible for a Frogspawn demise also. <span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman';"> </span>

Back