120watt led questions

joshainga

Market
Reaction score
I just picked up a 120watt led fixture from good old ebay swapping from mh. I'm starting to have an increase in green hair algae on my rockwork and sand. What should be the new lighting schedule to let the tank adjust? Also I'm looking for a way to hang it above my 40 gallon breeder without suspending from the ceiling. Does anyone have an idea of what I can use to make a hanger for it or where to find something that will work?

Typically....you don't want the same photo period because LED's are a more pinpoint light. Slowly build up. First is it dimmable at all? If not, then you want to run it for about 3-4 hours max for the first 2 weeks...then increase the run time by 30 minutes every other week until you reach full photo period. Of you don't, you'll burn your corals.

Oh....as for a hanger.....depending on how your stand is made...either use galvanized pipe, attach to the rear of the stand with brackets, put a 90* elbow at the top....short neck from there and bingo....hanger. If you want to, you can come up both ends with PVC the same way as the galvanized with a cross brace and hang from there.

Yea that's the million dollar question , if they are dimmable. If not aclimation is a small bit more difficult

Back