140g cube build

danh

Market
Reaction score
I bought this last Summer and I'm finally getting around to working with it some more.

I took my 93g cube down a few months ago after the stand getting water damaged while I was out of town. I made a new stand but then decided I didn't want to maintain a 93 and 140 so i sold the 93. All of my livestock has doing decently in a 55g.

I re-did the secondary seals on the 140 right after I got it with rtv whatever silicone... the good stuff... but I waited a few mintues too long to take the tape off and it was a little messy. I missed one spot under the overflow weir so some of the water was going in to the overflow and my pipes were leaking a little so I couldn't be sure that the tank wasn't leaking. Finally this weekend I decided it was it. I got some regular silicone and patched the hole under the weir over the old silicone and it sealed fine. I'm n not too worried about that seal being perfect anyway - just for the water test. It's holding water fine.

Second problem is the stand's access isn't very big and the sump I made for the 93 won't fit under it. Adam finally made the obvious suggestion to cut the stand... The sump had one major flaw. The hang on filter sock was kinda junk... so I cut the filter sock holders out of an old RS and put it in my sump. Looks like I'll be able to clean it up and start plumbing in the next few days.

20170416_192008_zpsstckvrtj.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20170416_192019_zpsc8k8elgr.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20170416_192027_zpstflral5h.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20170416_193135_zpsbtvgzqhf.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20170416_192037_zpsgkveyyhe.jpg
alt="" /></a>

20170416_192041_zpswme7res8.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Slow going... I guess I've got too much other stuff taking money right now. It's in the living room with 75% of the rock work done. It's just missing a couple of pieces that are in the 55g temp tank right now. I'll start filling it tonight.

I am going with one Ocean Revive T247 and one A360we for now. I got the 360 here for a good price and I've always wanted one. With no water, it lights the 36x36 pretty much completely by itself. I know that will change once there's water. The T247 handled a 93g cube by itself pretty well. While I may not have a lot in the corners and right up against the sides, that might be fine. We'll see.

Looks nice, lots of room as well. Just curious, Is the live rock on top of sand.

Ricky5415;1117684 wrote: Tank looks good Daniel. Take u a while to set it up too

This isn't the tank I was setting up when I got that rock and sand from you. I had that one up for 8 months or so until it crashed while I was out of the country. This is the re-make.

I've got it mostly filled with water and some coral. I've got a little bit of work to do with the plumbing before I cut it over completely from the temp tank.

I've got the Kessil a360we up front, about 8 inches from the front of the tank and I'll put the Ocean Revive about 12" behind that. I don't think the Kessil can really reach the bottom of this tank... The OR worked pretty well on my 93g cube by itself. Hoping these two can handle this tank. I guess it really just depends on coral placement.

Back