180 update

william1

Market
Reaction score
So everything has been going great with the 180. I have added some new fish like a tomini tang, midas blenny, ora black clown to go with the one I already have. Which may I add has decided that the nem was a great place to be after watching my first black clown dip in and out. My new tang is quite shy and doesnt like to have his picture taken, but very nice. He has been doing a great job on all the algae.

I also thought I would post a few pics including under neath the tank which has to be cleaned up a little more. I added a second chanber to the knop reactor that I made from HD, which is also helping stablize the PH some more in the DT.

I do have a small ich problem that I have to address but not sure how Im going to do it . I want to dose the whole tank but need to find a coral friendly med.

my.php
>
cimg414011560556715.jpg
alt="" /></a>
my.php
>
cimg414411600640195.jpg
alt="" /></a>
my.php
>
cimg415911750711090.jpg
alt="" /></a>

JessPete;348257 wrote: Cool update! How do you like your Midas? I'm picking one up this week.

love the midas! Our last one died so he was the first fish to replace. Hes got personality.

gsellers1245;348258 wrote: IMO to treat the correct way for ick, get a QT and treat every fish and leave the display fishless for 4-6 weeks. There is alot of firm believers that the reef safe meds are not completely reef safe.

On other hands, love the clowns :)

The only other thing I've heard consistently about reef safe meds are that they don't kill ich well. So, it would seem they're not a good choice.

The chiller produces some extra heat so it helps blow it out of the stand...

Ill get a few more pics up soon.

If I QT all the fish with ick what about the DT?

Looks great William! I got to get off my a** and get going with mine.

Couple of questions.
What size return pump are you running?

And hey...whats with the chiller? I thought you ran T5's?:huh:

Thanks!

Back