$2,425 for two Palys (1 Krakatoa, 1 Emperor) - WOW!!!

gregoryleonard

Market
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130994365379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649">http://www.ebay.com/itm/130994365379?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649</a>

This auction ended last night and if you were following it, it went up $750 in the last couple of minutes.
That's crazy insane. Plus winner had to pay $39 for overnight shipping on top of that!!
Are your pockets that deep???

Greg, I will share them with u...

Just kidding! I saw that price and had only thought it would go for $1200.. Boy was I wrong!

now the original 2-3 don't seem that bad at $500-600 a polyp. That was a "deal" lol!

A couple of months back I saw a Krakatoa go for "just" $500 and I thought that was crazy... now I realize that might have been a steal. I wonder how long it takes to make a new polyp, probably a couple of years. I know my luck... it would melt the day after it goes into the tank.

leveldrummer;899943 wrote: insanity... absolute insanity, I dont care what the polyps look like, these people have something wrong with them to spend that kind of money on a single polyp.

Took the words out of my mouth

Sewer Urchin;899983 wrote: A couple of months back I saw a Krakatoa go for "just" $500 and I thought that was crazy... now I realize that might have been a steal. I wonder how long it takes to make a new polyp, probably a couple of years. I know my luck... it would melt the day after it goes into the tank.

supposedly, they grow pretty fast. But die from no apparent reason :eek:P

Forget that! :eek:P

Sewer Urchin;899983 wrote: A couple of months back I saw a Krakatoa go for "just" $500 and I thought that was crazy... now I realize that might have been a steal. I wonder how long it takes to make a new polyp, probably a couple of years. I know my luck... it would melt the day after it goes into the tank.

Lol, +1

They do multiply fast from what I am hearing. The best value was for the 2 polyp frag last month for $895 (I believe something around that number) If they both have not yet melted away, he might be able to get $5,000 for the both and they may have each already produced a few babies to keep.(the 2 from the auction last month). The guy said he bought them for his collection and is not going to sell them, No one on R2R that I know of has admitted to buying this one last night.
1mbrews8;900005 wrote: supposedly, they grow pretty fast. But die from no apparent reason :eek:P

Forget that! :eek:P

Back