2 fish selection questions

atlcpa

Market
Reaction score
I should have water in the tank by Sunday. Guess it will be a few weeks after that before I add fish. Will probably add a basic $20 clown to start. I have a 65 gallon tank

I have two questions on selection.mi understand compatiblity and can read the charts.

1) I have always wanted a Picasso trigger. I've been to Tahiti and snorkeled with those beautiful fish, but I understand they terrorize the tank. How much maintenance issues am I dealing with if I can't have a Picasso because the munch on the clean up crew? Does anyone who's had triggers recommend getting one. I'd be happy with a more aggressive tank, but not if everyone but me knows it's a nightmare.

2) Regardless of which fish, is getting something like an emperor angel knowing in a couple years it will out grown the tank a possible plan? Can I trade on here or at the lfs for store credit for a new fish? I don't care about the money side of things, just that I can move a fish if needed and get something else.

Thanks for the help. Today is my 40th birthday and I've wanted a salt tank since I was a young kid. Getting close.

Back