2 part dosing ratio

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's your 2 part ratio?
Mine seems really high on alk but that's what it takes to maintain...
I run 37 mins alk and 10 mins calc using the brs dosers.
So roughly 40 ml alk and 11 ml calc per day.

Nicoli627;1018342 wrote: Mine runs the complete opposite. I use more calcium than alk. 3-1 ratio

+1. I have trouble keeping my Alk below 9 sometimes.

Fwiw I use BRS 2 Part and dosed according to my usage in Alk and Cal (tested with Hanna meters) and based on consumption with water changes, calculated that I was using more Alk than Cal. I continued to monitor the levels and quickly realized that by dosing equal parts Alk and Cal it balanced and remained at my target levels.

I dose 1:1 100 ml split in four doses every 24 hours. My alk stays around 6.5.
-Nick

I use almost 2x alk than cal just to maintain 7.5-8 dkh I use Hannah checker now since recently but had my tank starving on alkalinity at 5.5 when I discovered the issue. Now im having to lay it on hard just to maintain , I'd wondered if my seachem reef fusion was a bad batch

I was at 48 minutes of alk and 74 minutes of cal. I added a kalk reactor and now I'm at 48 minutes of cal and alk running 1 cup of kalk in the reactor every 9-12 days depending on evaporation from ato.

460 cal
9.4 - 9.8 alk
1380 - 1400 mag

1:1 ratio and I don't even test calcium
I used to try to tune it to match consumption but my reading taught me it doesn't necessarily scale relationally like that. Meaning alk can push and pull ca balance.

Back