2 questions but related - What dosing pump and what ATO

hhv00586

Market
Reaction score
Dosing
On my current tank I have a 4 pump Jabeo DP-4 that seems to work just fine
On my new 150 tank - should I get the same again, or something that ties into APEX and if APEX what do you recommend, BRS dosing pump or something else

ATO
On my current tank I have a Tunze 3155 that seems to work just fine
On my new 150 tank - should I get the same again, or something that ties into APEX and if APEX what do you recommend

If it works fine and on a timer then I'd let it ride. Or if you want to apex it....then you apex it.

I like the avast ato. Search the YouTube video on it. It uses an air bubble in a cylinder that activates a pressure switch.

My Tunze ATO has never failed me.
I'd use what you have and is working. You can always program it into the Apex with added precaution.

I was using JBJ ATO but switched to using floats on my apex. Haven't had a single problem with either.

The Tunze Osmolator is a very good ATO that works well on its own, but so is the Avast that can be controlled through I/O on the Apex. Same thing goes for the Jebao, it is a well regarded doser for what it is, but there are other options that the Apex can control (i.e. BRS dosers and the Neptune DOS). It really comes down to if you want the Apex to control it, or it to be mostly standalone.

Personally, since I have an Apex, I prefer that it controls as much as possible. I have complete control over my lighting (Radions and Fuge Light), complete control of flow (Vortechs and Return Pump), Filtration (DC Apex Ready Skimmer), ATO (Avast Marine Apex Plug and Play), and CalRx and KalkRx (Combination of PH control and flow control from ATO). Not to mention all of the float switches, conductivity monitoring, leak detection, alerts, and other things that the Apex can do.

Back