2 questions for you knowledgeable reefers

spardoin

Market
Reaction score
first, after my water has run through my RoDI filter I am getting a reading of .07, does this mean it is time to change something? For about the last month I have been getting increasing amounts of hair algae and I can't seem to determine the culprit. I know that if your RoDI water is not great this can be a cause so is .07 too high?

Second how do you add your chemicals. For the last month or so, I have been turning off my main pump so that when I add it, it gets to spread around in the tank itself and nothing gets lost to any filtration. But when I do this my corals never look very happy afterwards.

Thanks for your assistance.

Filters may need to be changed in RO unit, but wouldn't think its the cause of the algae bloom. Check your Nitrates/PH and invest in an emerald crab or two. Its always better to dose in the sump and let the pump to the mixing for you. Dumping directly into display may irritate some corals. You have to think, if you are dosing for total water volume, you may be over dosing until it cycles down into sump and back again.

according to the info that you have stated, i would conclude that Leprechauns have caused all your issues, so please obtain a 4 leave clove asap.

mysterybox;946795 wrote: according to the info that you have stated, i would conclude that Leprechauns have caused all your issues, so please obtain a 4 leave clove asap.

LOL

What are you talking about?

spardoin;946768 wrote: first, after my water has run through my RoDI filter I am getting a reading of .07, does this mean it is time to change something? For about the last month I have been getting increasing amounts of hair algae and I can't seem to determine the culprit. I know that if your RoDI water is not great this can be a cause so is .07 too high?

Second how do you add your chemicals. For the last month or so, I have been turning off my main pump so that when I add it, it gets to spread around in the tank itself and nothing gets lost to any filtration. But when I do this my corals never look very happy afterwards.

Thanks for your assistance.

.07 what?</em>

What chemicals are you adding? Powered? Liquid?

Change your filters, but what chemicals are you talking about?

Lol

Back