2 questions lights and meds

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
1). @civics14 you seem to be the resident expert on this. Can I mix Prazi with copper? I have a small blue hippo that has developed an odd looking lesion on the left side of its nose. Still eating and swimming. Moved to copper last night, current copper level via Hanna is 1.30 but I’m kinda wondering about flukes? I’ll try to get a picture

2). We are currently using LED’s as our primary light source and supplementing with t5 Blue Plus and Coral Plus (2 lamp fixture) lighting about 6 hours a day. We want to completely transition from the LED to t5 but not sure how to do that. Am planning on getting two 4 lamp fixtures which would provide full coverage for the entire tank. I would have to take down the LED’s to hang the new fixtures though. Not sure how to proceed. I can’t afford a hybrid before anyone suggests that 😀😀

Not really an expert but I been needing it a lot lately. You can mix prazi but it’s highly not recommended. However if you must, heavily aerate the water.

Before you go this route, I would recommend doing a fresh water dip to confirm if there are flukes.

What copper are you using?

1). @civics14 you seem to be the resident expert on this. Can I mix Prazi with copper? I have a small blue hippo that has developed an odd looking lesion on the left side of its nose. Still eating and swimming. Moved to copper last night, current copper level via Hanna is 1.30 but I’m kinda wondering about flukes? I’ll try to get a picture

2). We are currently using LED’s as our primary light source and supplementing with t5 Blue Plus and Coral Plus (2 lamp fixture) lighting about 6 hours a day. We want to completely transition from the LED to t5 but not sure how to do that. Am planning on getting two 4 lamp fixtures which would provide full coverage for the entire tank. I would have to take down the LED’s to hang the new fixtures though. Not sure how to proceed. I can’t afford a hybrid before anyone suggests that 😀😀
Led to t5? I wouldn’t hesitate one bit to swap it out. The other way around is usually where you have trouble due to the opticals making it harder on the corals.

Not really an expert but I been needing it a lot lately. You can mix prazi but it’s highly not recommended. However if you must, heavily aerate the water.

Before you go this route, I would recommend doing a fresh water dip to confirm if there are flukes.

What copper are you using?
Copper power.

I use prazi with copper. Usually right at the end of QT protocol.

I've used both right off the bat, but Prazi tends to cloud the water so I usually do one week of Prazi then do a big water change or two to get clear water for observation during copper, then do a second round of Prazi at the end. +1 on heavily aerating while using Prazi.

Back