200dd....reseal?

trigger24

Reaction score
Is there anyone around who completely breaks down a tank and completely reseals it? I had my 200 start leaking while I was out of town and looking now to get it resealed. If so what's a general cost for this to be done?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know anyone who would assume that kind of liability.

If you do go that route, which I wouldn't recommend, do you know *why* it sprung a leak? Warped stand, crooked, etc? Something had to create a situation that stressed a seam to the leaking point. New or re-sealed, you need to identify and correct the problem that caused the tank to fail in the first place, or you will inevitably have it recur.

If you bought it new, and it's on a Marineland stand, they do warranty for life - you could get a warranty replacement - that's the way to go on that.

Jenn

I think Jenn hit the nail right on the head, I don't think you are going to find many (if any) companies willing to reseal the tank and stand behind it. If you do, it will likely cost around the same amount as purchasing a new tank.

I would check to see if it is under warranty, if not I would look at getting a new tank. Jenn brings up another great point as well about figuring out the root cause of why the tank started to leak. (I.E. not perfectly level, bad stand, etc...). Wouldn't want to run into the same issue later on down the road if you get a new tank.

Ok. Thanks for the input. Working on finding the root of the issue now. I was just curious if anyone did that kind of work. Thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back