2019 expo survey

bhodges82

Supporting
Reaction score
I think the expo was great, it was a pleasure helping out with everything. I would like to hear from members that attended.

Did you enjoy the expo?
What could have been better?
What did you like the most?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Loved it

Maybe come up with a better way to do the raffles. Everyone wants to get in early before the best frags are gone. Then waiting over two hours for the raffles is a bit much.

My cooler was full when i left. Also the layout was great. Ive been to similar events where vendors are right on top of each other. There was plenty of room making it easier to browse the vendors

We had a good time. I loved the great selection! I always think having prices posted makes it easier for everyone! Especially busy tables with lots of people looking. That’s the only improvement I could think of. I appreciate the table that have the Corals priced.

I enjoyed meeting members that I hadn’t met, and talk to members I know. It’s always good to be around vets and new hobbyist to learn. The vendors had nice selections!

This was the first year I’ve attended and really enjoyed it. I got to catch up with an old friend and picked up some cool frags.

A posted schedule would be good - I showed up a little later thinking raffles would be after 4. Didn’t realize Dana’s presentation would be at 2ish and was browsing not realizing it had started.

I had a great time this year compare to last year and my budget was blown into smithereens.

One thing to consider: my entire table and I were “screwed” over by the raffle system. I thought that all raffles go into a container and all prizes will come from it. We all sat by the table and looked pretty miserable cuz we missed out on the raffle containers by the vendors. Maybe I misread the information somewhere but maybe we can have the vendor containers by the main booth?

It was great. I think having some of the higher end vendors helped draw more people too. I think it would be great to have some equipment vendors too. It was a great improvement over last year!

I have enjoyed the expo, it was also my first time attending. I think having prices visible will help a lot, specifically because there were tables in which was hard to get attention from the vendors to ask pricing. Food! I wish there were snacks available for purchase, my wife and I were very hungry, we got to the expo around 12:20PM and around 1:00PM we were starving, so we decided to leave and go have lunch, which means I missed Dana's speech and the raffle. Nonetheless, it was a great experience!

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that worked so hard to put this event together. While I didn't have a hand it in, I had a front row seat of the expo committee and saw how many countless hours you all put in to make it happen. You did an awesome job!

Since you asked, I will give you my personal perspective/experience.... I had a small budget, but there were a few things in mind that I wanted to get and didn't want to miss the opportunity to get them by showing up late, so I got there right at 12:00. I went around to all the tables twice and was done by 1:00. With the talk not until 2:00 and raffles not until 3:00, there wasn't much to do so I left. If it were a club meeting, I would stick around and meet people, but with an event like this, it just doesn't have the same feel. I enjoyed it though and will volunteer next year.

I wish there were some shirts for sale. Other than that, some more non coral vendors would have be nice and more frequent raffles spread throughout the day.

There were/are T- shirts available in blue or black, guess we needed to do a better job of displaying that.

Cool, thanks Steve. I knew there were plans to make some but figured someone forgot to bring them or something. If someone can bring them to the next meeting, I definitely want to buy one and I bet others would like to as well.

Name tags with user/member names, food vender, beer/wine,,,have raffles throughout the day

I agree about the raffle needing to be adjusted. I was in line at 11:30 am and didn’t even enter my tickets because I knew I’d be gone by the time of the drawing. The selection was nice and I picked up some nice pieces! Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

Back