250w bulb suggestion

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
I need to buy a new 250w bulb. No yellow.

Any suggestions?

Vic. was telling me how the Phoenix 14K's are really good-I think I'm gonna give 'em a try-

Yup- my vote is for the following, in this order:

Reeflux 12k
Phoenix 14k
Hamilton 14k

All very good par and very good white/blue mix.

Mine is not up and running yet, but I purchased DE 250's from Giesemann 14.5k's. Turned them on the other night for just a couple of minutes and liked the color at first glance, and this is all before burn in. I run a DE 150 Phoenix on my 29gal prop and like the color (no actinics). Some one had a several SE lamps on RC for sale earlier today, had bought and tested (couple of hours at most) and was selling at a good price.

JMO

I would say the 10k Reflux if you are running actinics or the 12k Reflux if your not running actinics.

You got mail Loren!

Color is kind of subjective IMO. I find the ballast/bulb combo really makes the look. I'd try to see if others have your same ballast, then look at thier light/tank.

Personaly I really like the Reeflux 12k on a PFO ballast. The cool thing about lamps that look good without suplimental actinic, Is you can suplment the MH with a lamp <u>other than actinic.</u> You could use a number of different t-5 color lamps may be you want more red or orange, purple... just a thought.

Hey Loren here is the link to those lamps that Reefknight was mentioning. Hopefully this link is allowed.
showthread.php

Nice find. Thanks.

46bfinga;132370 wrote: Hey Loren here is the link to those lamps that Reefknight was mentioning. Hopefully this link is allowed.
showthread.php

Roland Jacques;132367 wrote: Color is kind of subjective IMO. I find the ballast/bulb combo really makes the look. I'd try to see if others have your same ballast, then look at thier light/tank.

Personaly I really like the Reeflux 12k on a PFO ballast. The cool thing about lamps that look good without suplimental actinic, Is you can suplment the MH with a lamp <u>other than actinic.</u> You could use a number of different t-5 color lamps may be you want more red or orange, purple... just a thought.

I agree 100% on both points...

Back