29G Biocube Setup- Filtration Advice

FishRfriends

Supporting
Reaction score
Hey everyone! So glad I found this forum again, it's been way too long. I've been out of the hobby for about 5 or 6 years. I am setting up a 29G Biocube however I purchased it without a return pump so I'm trying to get some advice on the coralife stock pump or should I go bigger? I know it only pumps 265 GPH so I was wanting you guys advice on maybe placing something a bit stronger to create more flow in the tank. Any advise is greatly appreciated on filtration and any other tips regarding this All in one. Thanks Reefers!!

I'm currently running the factory 266gph on my 28 nano and water flow is good. I removed both return nozzles, creates good current throughout and ripples the top of the water very well. When I used an in line BRS reactor I had to increase the one pump, but was too much after removing the reactor.

Ive always run the stock pump but recently I saw lots of people upgrade it to a maxijet 1200. I just happened to have one in a box of stuff. I swapped it in my bc29 but truthfully cant really tell if its better or not

My nanocube 28 rand the sicce 1 or 1.5...I. remember which would fit...it was as big as would fit. One in each chamber. 1k gyre. And an in tank media basket with floss, purigen, chemi pure elite. Grew fantastic corals.

20210212_175734.jpg20210228_154036.jpg

Ok so I ended up picking up a pump that just fit the chamber it's rated for 330gph great circulation thru the tank all and all. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT ADVICE!! I definitely want to grab a media basket for sure! Is anyone running the MH lamp? Thoughts about it? Mine came with them however the fan doesn't work so I'm thinking about placing a small clip on fan. Also it looks like the previous owner closed off the bottom overflow? He said he was running a hydor protein skimmer which he gave me with it but any idea why he would need to close off the bottom one? I'll post pics soon

My nanocube 28 rand the sicce 1 or 1.5...I. remember which would fit...it was as big as would fit. One in each chamber. 1k gyre. And an in tank media basket with floss, purigen, chemi pure elite. Grew fantastic corals.

View attachment 53979View attachment 53980
Great setup! How are you liking the elite media? I hear mixed reviews with it. Love your hammer and frogspawn garden!!

The tank is gone..have a 125 now. The elite was great for me. I've heard different reviews on elite vs blue..don't really know, it just worked. Ran a prime hd over it with open top/eggcrate.

Back