2x mp10 es for 90g?

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
would two mp10's be enough for a 90g reef thinking of upgrading have 2 koralias now

Not sure but I have two mp40s on a 90g... And an mp10 in the corner to the left of the left-aligned overflow.
Would probably work but you'll be running them at 100% and will get to "hear them work".

If you are doing soft and LPS corals, the I'd say 2x MP10s are OK. But if you plan on SPS, then I would look at 2x MP40s if you are staying with EcoTech.

No it's not enough flow even for LPS IMHO. I was running 2 MP10 esw on a 75 side to side and wasn't at all happy. In the center at 100% my Lobo wasn't pleased either.
I have a center overflow which eliminated flow in the back of the tank but even in the front there wasn't enough.

I'd listen to Camellia since she has owned and used the MP10. I have never used smaller than an MP40. My recommendation was based on my 100 gallon 30x30x24 cube that is all LPS and soft corals. I have a very gentle return flow rate, center overflow, and I have one MP40 in the tank on the back right side of the back glass, and it is set to only about 40% of full flow, or roughly 1500 gph max flow. Corals are mostly acans, euphyllia, and a couple leathers.

I figured two MP10s at 1500 gph would be good for LPS since I have roughly the equivalent of just one, but with no practical experience with them, who knows?

Only thing I can add is check you tank glass thickness, as they are not supposed to be on glass thicker than 3/8" per EcoTech. If you are at 1/2", then look at MP40s. My mixed reef tank is 1/2" glass, so I couldn't use MP10s in the first place.

Camellia;983885 wrote: My MP 10's have fallen off my glass! Scares the crap out if me!
I can show you how to secure them if you like if you are still using them. Sounded like you didn't have them any more.

Camellia;983885 wrote: My MP 10's have fallen off my glass! Scares the crap out if me!

Have had this happen to me and a few others a few times after the 10's heat up a little, now I have 40's so I don't have to run them at full power like I did the 10's.

Acroholic;983887 wrote: I can show you how to secure them if you like if you are still using them. Sounded like you didn't have them any more.

I've got them, PM sent.

What's the trick to secure Mp10's to 1/2 glass? Is that what you guys are talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back