30 Cube

steve

Market
Reaction score
I got this tank from Sal at Saltwater City. It's a 30 gallon Oceanic Cube with Pine trim. I also got the sump from him too, it was the only thing I could find to fit under the stand so I went with it. And with a little help from Thiago (bleedingthought) I got it plumbed and got water in it. And with a lot of guidance by a few people, Thiago, Sal, Mike, and Josh up at Saltwater City, I got it set up and running.

Here's a few pictures of how it looked at first when I first put rock in and got it going.

1: Coralife 150w MH Fixture
2: FTS
3: sump
4: Bottom Front
5: The ledge
6: Right side
7: Left Side

SkylineGTR99
alt="" />

Maybe this time?

Sorry for the big size, I couldn't figure out how to use the upload images...

IMG_0868.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0870.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0871.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0872.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0873.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0874.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0875.jpg
alt="" />

And here is how the tank looks 20 minutes ago. After generous donations from Thiago and a trip to Einstein Aquatics last night. Thiago was nice enough to let me have a few frags, 3 heads of Candy Cane, a very small Kenya Tree, a Yellow Paly and what I think is a monti cap, but I could be wrong.

1: Candy Cane Coral
2: FTS
3: Introducing Allardi & Vallardi
4: Allardi Clownfish
5: Allardi Clownfish
6: Allardi Clownfish
7: Allardi Clownfish

IMG_0901.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0889.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0894.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0895.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0896.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0899.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_0902.jpg
alt="" />

chrisjet;152382 wrote: looks good steve, its funny to see my old refugium as your sump!

Thanks chris, I forgot to mention that too. It serves its purpose, one side is the refugium, or will be, the other is the return, still have to figure out the skimmer.

dawgdude;152384 wrote: Very Nice. I have the same tank with the same light except I have not had a chance to drill mine yet. How does the overflow work and is it quiet?

Mine is a drain since I didn't want too much room being taken up by the overflow box, but I wish it could be quieter, but it may be that I just need to drill the top of the cap on the back a little bigger so that it does quiet down a little.

And thanks to Thiago, the tank didn't crack when we drilled it. I wouldn't have done it, just take your time and all should turn out well.

Congraulations!! You had an awesome store and folks to help you!!! I wish I was as fortunate when I first started...

lOOks Great!

tnyga;152409 wrote: Congraulations!! You had an awesome store and folks to help you!!! I wish I was as fortunate when I first started...

lOOks Great!

Thanks Russ, I see you all the time at SWC and we've never talked. I'll introduce myself next time I see you up there.

SCM Steve;152583 wrote: Thanks Russ, I see you all the time at SWC and we've never talked. I'll introduce myself next time I see you up there.

Im sorry I havent met you....Ill be there tomorow lol

46bfinga;152707 wrote: Looking Good Steve!

Thanks James, now all I have to do is to make my way to Mike's house so that I can see both of your tanks.

tnyga;152715 wrote: Im sorry I havent met you....Ill be there tomorow lol

It'll have to be another time since I work tomorrow, I'm sure I'll see you soon though, with the amount of time I spend up there.

Bleedingthought;152734 wrote: Seriously, those clowns are so sweet looking! :)

Looking good, man.

I really like them too. That Kenya Tree really opened up and it doubled or even tripled in size from when I saw it at your house. And that yellow paly re-emerged after I blasted that rock with lemon juice to kill some of the aptasia, I'm going to do the same thing tomorrow with it so I can hopefully knock all the aptasia out of it. So I can have an aptasia free tank.

Bleedingthought;152753 wrote: I almost laughed when you said "tiny kenya tree". You'll see in a couple of weeks! :D

BTW, I meant to tell you that there's gray/brownish palys on the yellow polyp rock too. They aren't aiptasia. Hopefully you didn't kill those. :)

I'm sure I will, I'll be wanting to give it back to you when I've had them under those MH's for a week or so.

They were on the opposite side of the yellow polyps right? If they were I didn't hit those. ;)

3rd and 4th picture in the second set definitly looks like aiptasia to me. Nice tank!

horsesziggy;153144 wrote: steve,

the tank looks good nice job setting up.

sal

Thanks sal, without you guys this thing would have never gotten set up. I really appreciate you all.

Stroid;153168 wrote: 3rd and 4th picture in the second set definitly looks like aiptasia to me. Nice tank!

Yeah there are aptasia on the rock but what you see is a yellow polyp. I've gotten rid of most of the aptasia but there still may be one or two left on the tank.

SCM Steve;153350 wrote:
Yeah there are aptasia on the rock but what you see is a yellow polyp. I've gotten rid of most of the aptasia but there still may be one or two left on the tank.
ill take your word for it but as a side note yellow polyps can become a serious pain in the ***.

Back