30 gallon frag tank stand

cment

Market
Reaction score
Soooo...I built this stand out of 1X2's to make it as light as possible for a 24x24x12 frag tank, but after putting it together I have my doubts on if it will hold the tank or not properly. So I am asking those of you with experience building stand what you guys think...
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
946445=52926-image.jpg
>
946445=52926-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

the dimensions of the stand are 34" wide x 25" long x 36" tall. I needed to fit a 20 gallon long inside for my sump which is why its so wide....

Don't think so.. but maybr grouper or someone else can tell you for sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd give it a 40% chance of success :eek:)

The main thing I'd be worried about is the "middle" of the front and back. Corners look ok, but looks like maybe too long a section unsupported in those spots.

Haha...I absolutely agree, I will NOT be using this. Fire wood it is...Allen PM inbound. Thank you for your help.

If you plan to skin the frame, then ditch the frame all together. You will probably come out cheaper or atleast break even if you build the whole thing from 3/4" plywood. Commercially made stands do not have a skeletal frame because of the inherent strenght and stability of plywood (even when using cheap press board). Just my opinion.

Back