$30000 fish

thefishbuddy

Market
Reaction score
<div class="gc_ifarem_title">The $30,000 Peppermint Angelfish at Waikiki Aquarium - YouTube</div><iframe style="width: 70%; height: 400px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NKJ8EKxlaJQ"></iframe>

It's too bad so many perished in home aquariums :( Beautiful fish.

I think there was a thread about this fish awhile back but I forgot it was this expensive that's nuts. It's a beautiful fish though.

A shop I use to work at when I lived up in Connecticut got in one of these peppermint angels that was a special order for a customer. The customer who bought it has 4 reef tanks ranging from 550 gallons to 1800 gallons, not to mention a 5000 gallon shark tank with black tips, lemons and leopards. Unreal.

Jetlink82;924505 wrote: A shop I use to work at when I lived up in Connecticut got in one of these peppermint angels that was a special order for a customer. The customer who bought it has 4 reef tanks ranging from 550 gallons to 1800 gallons, not to mention a 5000 gallon shark tank with black tips, lemons and leopards. Unreal.

If it's who I'm thinking of, the peppermint died while he was out of town, I think about a week of having it.

Not sure, I follow his build on RC. It didn't seem to phase him much lol He's purchased a few thousand dollars worth of fish since loosing it.

HiImSean;924523 wrote: Not sure, I follow his build on RC. It didn't seem to phase him much lol He's purchased a few thousand dollars worth of fish since loosing it.

Not sure if its the same guy we are talking about though, we serviced his tanks. The fish we got in and sold at that store.....just boggled my mind sometimes. Some customers would walk in and buy a $4,000 angel like a pack of gum. There was no fish they couldn't get a hold of.

Do you by chance have a link to the RC build you are referring to? Just curious to see if its the customer I am thinking of.

stacy22;924536 wrote: Ted has 4 Clarions now, I think.

I'm pretty sure that's his count. Plus three or so beautiful bandit angels :drool:

To me it's a collection that anyone in the hobby would drool over :)

Looks like another fish has been nipping the poor peppermint angel's tail. Those are some expensive fins getting chewed up!

Back