37G Options...?

texhorns98

Market
Reaction score
So I might end up using this tank as a QT for my current fish while I let the big tank run fallow for a while (trying to kick brooklynella). That is, IF I can catch up the guys that are in there!

Anyway, I want to see what my options might be when/if that process is done. I was thinking about running a FO tank so I can keep a few of the non-reefsafe fish my wife seems to be instantly drawn to in the LFS. It is a 37G "show" with an Eclipse hood (biowheel, carbon filter). It has two 20W T-8(or 12) on there right now. Any problem running this as FO?

I think do a FO would be fine. If you use copper in the tank with it set up as a QT just remember that for down the road. You wouldn't want any inverts in there.

BTW, what are the dimensions on a 37g show tank? I don't know that I've seen one of those.

Trey if need to I have another one that needs some cleaning, but you can borrow it.

I appreciate it Colin, but I think I'm cool. I just lost two more fish tonight, so if I need to put the rest in the hospital (all two of them), I'll be OK with my 10g. I'm going to go ahead here pretty soon and set up the 37 as a FO tank, just to give me something to do while the big tank sits fr 6 weeks. Bummer...

Back