400W MH Pendant/Gym Lights

flyingarmy

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone use or know of any issue with using a 400W MH light that is the one piece, ballast on top, gym type light? I know they are not as asthetically pleasing as the other type of lights but with the right bulb (mogul socket) they should suffice for reefing. Let me know what the group opinion is on these! Thanks in advance!

That is what i started off with, works very well just wanted something more low profile but that is still a very good light system, never had a problem with mine and gets the job done, if planning for long term use i would get a good reflector to install that way u get all of the 400w.

Chris

I have always wondered about this myself, I am interested to hear what everyone says. I think the main problem would be that they are huge!

Just as i was saying the only real problem is that they are not sleek looking, but works just as well, i had mine for about a year before i got tired of getting raged on and got me a sleak appeling one, but if i could go back it don't matter cause if u look at my sump, not very appealing but works.

Chris

Cap bay uses the reflectors off of those Hi Bay fixtures. I have two at my house collecting dust if anyone wants them. They are free or will gladly accept frags!

No problem with using them - it's the same technology in a different package. Obviously, the bulb itself must be a typicaly reef- type bulb, not the standard commercial ones.

Back