48 inch Current USA SunDial T5 HO 4x54W w/ Timers LED

tonester_man

Market
Reaction score
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~sundial~action~view~idProduct~CU01153~idCategory~FILTFIT58U~category~48_inch_Current_USA_SunDial_T5_HO_4x54W_w__Timers___LED_48in_Units~vendor~.html">http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~sundial~action~view~idProduct~CU01153~idCategory~FILTFIT58U~category~48_inch_Current_USA_SunDial_T5_HO_4x54W_w__Timers___LED_48in_Units~vendor~.html</a>

Has anyone ever heard, seen, or tried this light?

It has timers built-in.

Need to get a new light for my new tank and would like some T5s

Tony

in my opinion you should get the tek light because each light has an individual reflector but the outer orbit is just one big reflector. the only thing you might not light about the tek light is you have to buy your lights seperate

Id look at this one first almost the same price. The indvidual reflectors for each bulb give you a lot more light
a>

Try this setup. The Extreme Pro has 6 bulbs that have individual reflectors. I would get new bulbs. Also Champion lighting has this unit for around $300.00 with their current sale (I think it ends today) or call Sam at Aquabuys (678-218-0700)

Link:
a>

I am looking for something that I can put into my canopy.
I would prefer not to cut openings into the canopy for the fans and use the open back

Well I ended up getting this unit and I must say I am very happy with it so far.

Here is my review of the system:
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">48 inch Current USA SunDial T5 HO 4x54W w/ Timers </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">PROS - all in one unit</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Fits in canopy</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Comes with 2 types of legs (peg and small legs)</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> 2 timers&#8217; one plug</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Independent switches</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Lunar lights can be either white or LITE blue or combo of them</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> 2 fans located in the center of unit</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Lightweight</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Does not get very hot in my canopy</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Quiet</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Plastic cover slides on easily and locks into place one closed (doesn&#8217;t slide out like other units when turned on it's side)</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"> </span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">CONS - unit with stand legs raises height by 3 inches (might not fit in some canopies)</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Peg legs are only 47.5 inches apart at furthest point. I would suggest if you are going to use these legs, to make sure you have a glass top on the tank because they are barley on the edge of the tank.</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Lunar light (blue caps) are not VERY blue, just generates a light blue to white light</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Power Cord could be longer </span></span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"> Legs are not locked into place, so they do shift in the tracks</span></span>
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"><span style="font-size: 13px;">Overall &#8211; LOVE THE UNIT, VERY easy and easy to work with. Love that it only takes one plug and has everything built into it. It sits nicely in my canopy. Strongly recommend this unit if it matches your needs.</span></span>

BTW - Each bulb has reflectors

And to top it all off, after I purchased it, the price came down 30$ and MD was more than willing to refund the difference. Great Service!!!

Back