51 members from the DFW club are coming to MACNA...

sshindell

Lifetime
Reaction score
Are you?

This is the only time it is going to be in your backyard.

You better hurry...there are extremely few full conference tickets left (with the banquet, aquarium, and Friday cocktail party.

We don't have numbers for ARC - I stole the DFW number from their threads. It WOULD be embarrassing if we were under-represented, since we are the host club. I encourage everyone to attend, even if it is for one day.

And sure, you can buy a ticket for the day at the door.

fishwhisperer;212287 wrote: Is that more than the ARC? (I'm serious)

If we just count paid tickets, then yes. We have 45 by my count (a few could have slipped through without identifying themselves as ARC tho.) If we add in members who are volunteering to get tickets and we're quite a bit over the 51 number (Whew--Melev would never have let us hear the end of it!)

And we have the opportunity to improve on that number 'cause we still need volunteers! :help:

That is still dissappointing. Over 500 members, and only 50 ish??!!! Everyobne who doesnt go will regret it unendingly.

Get out of the hobby if you dont go!

Gwhiz;212341 wrote: If we just count paid tickets, then yes. We have 45 by my count (a few could have slipped through without identifying themselves as ARC tho.) If we add in members who are volunteering to get tickets and we're quite a bit over the 51 number (Whew--Melev would never have let us hear the end of it!)

And we have the opportunity to improve on that number 'cause we still need volunteers! :help:
My wife and I have signed up to help Thursday and Friday from 9am-5pm..I contacted another person from Kennesaw on SWF.com and he is wanting to help aswell..trying to get him on here so he can read more about it,,

jmaneyapanda;212349 wrote: That is still dissappointing. Over 500 members, and only 50 ish??!!! Everyobne who doesnt go will regret it unendingly.

Its right in our backdoor...I wasnt able to buy tickets..So I did the next best thing signed up to help that way I can help out and still get to see a part of history..I knew one way or another I wasnt going to miss this!

DrNecropolis;212359 wrote: My wife and I have signed up to help Thursday and Friday from 9am-5pm..I contacted another person from Kennesaw on SWF.com and he is wanting to help aswell..trying to get him on here so he can read more about it,,

Great! Thanks! I've been asked how to get more information on volunteering....there is a sticky post on the ARC home page. If you (like me) always use the 'new posts' link you may not know it's there, but it's right here....

showthread.php

Gwhiz;212363 wrote: Great! Thanks! I've been asked how to get more information on volunteering....there is a sticky post on the ARC home page. If you (like me) always use the 'new posts' link you may not know it's there, but it's right here....

http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16193">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16193</a>[/QUOTE]
IHAVEADANE is going to email the schudual for what all is going on...Still waiting to find out if I can add jamie to my membership...So see would be able for a full pass aswhell

jmaneyapanda;212349 wrote: That is still dissappointing. Over 500 members, and only 50 ish??!!! Everyobne who doesnt go will regret it unendingly.

Agreed. It is not like this event is held here annually in Atlanta. This could be the only time it is actually affordable to go in your lifetime. I can't wait. :D

Going is a win-win.

It is an opportunity not to be missed, and the volunteering (or the money) dramatically helps out the club. It will not come again.

I don't know if people know how much time, money, and effort have gone into making this conference as great as it is going to be Sept 5-7th. The line up of speakers, exhibitors, raffles, etc. is world class. Our banquet is the largest ever, and is within a few tickets of being sold out.

We want to put our best face on the ARC by making it run as smoothly as possible. That takes people. If you can't donate time, come anyway for the conference. If you can't come for the whole the whole thing, come for at least one day. It is hard to understand that people are coming all the way from British Colombia, Upstate New York, the Bahamas, South Africa, etc., to come, and to people here in Atlanta hesitate coming for any reason.

Come be a part of it.

If for nothing else, the money spent on tickets is worth it to have all those vendors with all those ideas for aquariums arrayed out to look at. The money you'll save on knowing all that's available and what's right for your next aquarium or upgrade pays for the ticket. Especially the hands-on experience with all the smaller companies that are mail-order only or too low volume to find in stores.

Hello everyone! http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/images/smilies/wave.gif" alt="" />

I am a noob to the hobby but since it is not far from me, I am gonna go for a day, prolly Saturday and see what its all about.

Thanks NigerBang from swf.com for directing me to ARC! :thumbs:

welcome jp30338! I'm sure you'll have fun with the rest of us at MACNA XX!

jp30338;212403 wrote: Hello everyone! http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/images/smilies/wave.gif" alt="" />

I am a noob to the hobby but since it is not far from me, I am gonna go for a day, prolly Saturday and see what its all about.

Thanks NigerBang from swf.com for directing me to ARC! :thumbs:[/QUOTE]
Woot Woot!!! Glad you made it(Im NigerBang on SWf.COM

My wife and I will be there on Saturday. Can we buy tickets in advance or do we buy them at the door? Thanks.

Rickey

Rickey;212476 wrote: My wife and I will be there on Saturday. Can we buy tickets in advance or do we buy them at the door? Thanks.

Rickey

IF you want to go the Saturday night banquet in the ballroom of the Georgia Aquarium, then you need to buy your tickets very, very soon!

I've been told that there's less than 2 dozen banquet seats left and after that all 1,100 seats will be sold out!

The banquet food will be catered by Wolfgang's folks and the whale sharks and beluga whales will be swimming by and are very viewable from the ballroom's huge viewing windows.

Back