56 Gallon cube tank question??

mikesommers

Market
Reaction score
I bought a 56 gallon tank back in early 2007. Its 30x18x25. I am not sure of the manufacture. I am trying to find out if anyone else may have bought this same tank and has drilled the back of it. I know the bottom is tempered but not sure if the sides are. Any info would be great.

Happy Reefing.

mikesommers;233206 wrote: I bought a 56 gallon tank back in early 2007. Its 30x18x25. I am not sure of the manufacture. I am trying to find out if anyone else may have bought this same tank and has drilled the back of it. I know the bottom is tempered but not sure if the sides are. Any info would be great.

Happy Reefing.
They sure are not, I'll be over later to collect the tank, that way no bad can happen to you.. would hate for it to break or anything..lol

DrNecropolis;233210 wrote: They sure are not, I'll be over later to collect the tank, that way no bad can happen to you.. would hate for it to break or anything..lol

?? Do you know John? The tank is set up. I am not looking to get rid of it. We were looking to do some drilling on the back to add a sump. I take it you know that they are not tempered anywere but the bottom.

mikesommers;233219 wrote: ?? Do you know John? The tank is set up. I am not looking to get rid of it. We were looking to do some drilling on the back to add a sump. I take it you know that they are not tempered anywere but the bottom.
John as in Johnr2604, yeah he is a good guy.. Knows his stuff too.
I wouldnt drill it unless I was 100% sure it wasnt tempered

DrNecropolis;233224 wrote: John as in Johnr2604, yeah he is a good guy.. Knows his stuff too.
I wouldnt drill it unless I was 100% sure it wasnt tempered

Yep thats the John. I was at his house sunday, I bought a skimmer from him. I talked to a guy on RC who said the only tank that he has seen that was built from all tempered glass was a 55 long. Do you think that AGA would know. John thinks that they manufactured it.

Called aqueon. They said to look at the production date lable and see if there is anchor on it. If so it is a perfecto. So i will look at that tonight and if so call them tomorrow.

Found it. Its a Perfecto. Talked to them, they said only th bottom is tempered.:thumbs: That was a act of congress. I also found out that polar lenes will tell you for sure. John told me that and they confirmed.

a>

I was supposed to go over yesterday and snag my phone but I felt bad all day yesterday. Hopefully I can get this algae under control soon.

mikesommers;233239 wrote: Found it. Its a Perfecto. Talked to them, they said only th bottom is tempered.:thumbs: That was a act of congress. I also found out that polar lenes will tell you for sure. John told me that and they confirmed.

QUOTE]  Glad you found out :up:  just let me know if you want to go the sump route. Usually only the bottoms are tempered but like Ansley said you want to be 100% positive.

Back