5gal Eclipse bowfront

cfrank84

Market
Reaction score
I set up my small 5gal eclipse bowfront and im looking for fish ideas.. anyone have any good ideas? everything i find says 10 gal min but i know there are people out there keeping fish in smaller tanks!

Thx guys!

ideally id like something that isnt going to hide constantly.. does anyone have an idea of a good powerhead? or should i do like a bubblewall on the back for oxygen and movement?

heres a pic of the tank and rockwork... please excuse the fuzyness of the pics..
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
327176=16301-photo.jpg
>
327176=16301-photo.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
327176=16302-photo2.jpg
>
327176=16302-photo2.jpg
class="gc-images" title="photo2.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

thanks for the input.. i had a goby/shrimp pair in the biocube for a lil .. they disappeared.. was out maybe twice in the first month then never saw or heard from again so im a lil iffy on the goby shrimp pairs.. plus the sandbed is not even an inch.. guess ill have to steal a lil more from the rsm if i decide on the pair

the rockwork was all my creation :-D its like 6 lil pieces of lr i got from tim the other day all glued together.. what a PITA got glue all over my hands and my glass coffee table but i think it turned out nicely

keep the ideas coming!

have a coral banded in the biocube.. he is pretty boring IMO stays behind the rock till about 2am then from like 2-4 he roams then back to his corner..

i like the idea of maybe 10 sexy shrimp but not sure if that would be too boring.. also does anyone know if the pc light in the hood will support softies? maybe some zoas and mushrooms?

i think u may have sold me on it kels! where is a pic of the flameback one?

I have a lone firefish that lost its swim partner when I switched tanks... he disappeard the day I switch to a larger tank... that I am looking to part with to make room for other fish... if you are interested just PM me.... I love those Pygmy angels also, was looking at one myself.

Blood shrimp would be cool to add. Also a neon goby or 2.
I have both with a purple firefish in my 20h planted and all 3 have buddied up.

The only fish I think are okay for a tank that size is the eviota gobies, trimma gobies or the clown gobies.

as others have said, sexy shrimp are a good choice. I also was able to catch some glimpses of my pom pom crab. In my 3g, I had a sexy, the pom pom and a yellow clown.

Nano-reef.com has a good fish guide that shows what is appropriate for specific size tanks.
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703">http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74703</a>

For oxygen, you will be fine with a small HOB filter.

great read loren! thanks!

what about a highfin goby? the citronis clown goby is cool looking i guess... how many sexy shrimp could i put in there? id like maybe 5-10 sexies and maybe a highfin goby ideally

Back