6-Line Wrasse

izib

Market
Reaction score
I picked up a 6-line wrasse last night and he seemed fine last night and this morning. He was swimming around, etc. As soon as the lights came on he started laying on a rock in a little niche and has been there ever since. He still looks fine but is doing the "blue tang thing." Is this normal for these guys?

Not normal during the day, but at night they will hide in the rocks for protection.... If it looks healthy just leave it be for a few more days, and see if it is just hime getting used to your tank. I woul dreally try to get a good look at him. Is he breathing heavy, or anything that looks really abnormal.

During the day they are very active swimming in and out of the rocks.

yep.. mine is a speedster.. he finds every nook and crany and more.. haha i love that fish

My six line-wrasse jumped off my tank. Eventhoug I have the tank galss cover and eggcrate

mine went carpet surfing..... I saw him hit the floor and was able to save him...

Jason

Mine is very active as well. Always on the move and grazing for pods and whatever other kinda critters it can put in its mouth. It might not be used to you also. My tangs used to do that at first whenever I would approach the tank, until they got used to me. Now they all come out whenever I go near the tank thinking they are going to get fed. But as the other person said, if its breathing rapid or rubbing on rocks, not eating or anything else not normal, try to get it out and put in a QT. Just keep an eye on it. They are fairly hardy and sometimes takes them a bit to get used to their new home.

Hope it gets better. They are really cool fish.

As soon as the lights went off last night he was swimming around again, hes still out and about this morning. I guess his sleep cycle is off!

Mine took a while to get used to my tank as well. However, once established it's been the one of the hardiest fish in the tank. He/she's a real porker. Always swimming about picking pods and other stuff off the rocks in order to keep a full belly. I've never lost a 6 line wrasse to the floor but recently lost a Candy-Can Hogfish. I have a near complete glass cover and can't figure out how he got out but I woke up last Sunday and he was on the floor, crispy.

Back