60 Cube Mesh or Other Top Advice

catgirl29

Market
Reaction score
I love standing at the tank and actually looking at the top and down at the corals, rock, fish, etc. However, I recently bought a Diamond Goby, who was happily sifting sand and eating and then completely disappeared after one day. I assumed it made it into one of the caves in my rock stack and perished. No ammonia or other spike though so it was a mystery.

Today, behind a couch in a completely different room, I found him crispy but otherwise whole (I have cats, if you didn't know).

It's time for a screen (or never getting Gobys or other jumpers). I've seen the BRS kit. Is that my best option? I don't want egg crate. Tank is 24" x 24".

Catgirl29;1042311 wrote: I love standing at the tank and actually looking at the top and down at the corals, rock, fish, etc. However, I recently bought a Diamond Goby, who was happily sifting sand and eating and then completely disappeared after one day. I assumed it made it into one of the caves in my rock stack and perished. No ammonia or other spike though so it was a mystery.

Today, behind a couch in a completely different room, I found him crispy but otherwise whole (I have cats, if you didn't know).

It's time for a screen (or never getting Gobys or other jumpers). I've seen the BRS kit. Is that my best option? I don't want egg crate. Tank is 24" x 24".

That is what I used on my 60 cube and I don't regret it one bit.

You can buy the materials from Home depot for about 1/3 the cost (less the netting). I could donate a 2' X 2' section of screen and you just need to do the assembly. Another member gave me some netting when I bought some rock from him so I have an extra chunk.

Back