60+ gallon cube

gapisces

Market
Reaction score
So my dream aquarium is a large cube... The selection out there is pretty scarce. Obviously I'm not ready to make this happen right now but was wondering if anyone on here has experience building a large cube and how much roughly it would cost. I don't have the skills myself but would be interested in paying someone on here to do it. Just getting a rough idea. Acrylic RR would be perfect :-D

Buy a 93g marineland cube, see em all the time for good deals and are super nice tanks.

Gapisces;857789 wrote: So my dream aquarium is a large cube... The selection out there is pretty scarce. Obviously I'm not ready to make this happen right now but was wondering if anyone on here has experience building a large cube and how much roughly it would cost. I don't have the skills myself but would be interested in paying someone on here to do it. Just getting a rough idea. Acrylic RR would be perfect :-D

I bought a 60g marineland cube from a member. It came with a stand that wouldn't fit so I built a custom oak mission style stand and acrylic sump. It look me around 3 months of weekend work.

I also would recommend buying a marineland 60g or 93g with a stand from a member.
Unless you have specific requirements, it will be the cheapest way to go.
This was my first tank and I put in around $1700 into the whole setup.
It got expensive quick.

If you wanted to build yourself, acrylic is easy to work with.
You can order some from piedmont plastics.
There's also a place up in north Alpharetta off exit 13 that sells Weldon.

I have a marineland 60g cube drilled using beanaminals over flow design if you're interested pm me.

As a past 93 cube owner (upgraded to a 180), I highly recommend a Marineland cube from another member. Why take the risk of a custom built acrylic tank when you can buy one here for less. I've seen several good deals on here including the stand and maybe even a matched canopy.

Back