60 gallon from fresh to salt

Jetty

Supporting
Reaction score
I’m converting my 60 gallon to salt and want to drill the tank does anyone have any good overflow boxes/overflows that’s not too loud. I will also be making a custom stand and possibly a canopy and will post updates as the build continues.

Attachments

• E698242B-5D41-47B4-B578-1FA3F0B9F392.jpeg
    E698242B-5D41-47B4-B578-1FA3F0B9F392.jpeg
    513.1 KB · Views: 19
Drill the back for an external overflow? I've seen folks have some good luck with that. I've never used one but there are quite a few kits out there. Hopefully someone can chime in with some recommends. Back in 2000 I did the same thing and just used a standard external overflow box. After a few years and I ended up buying the exact same sized tank but a reef-ready model.

Drill the back for an external overflow? I've seen folks have some good luck with that. I've never used one but there are quite a few kits out there. Hopefully someone can chime in with some recommends. Back in 2000 I did the same thing and just used a standard external overflow box. After a few years and I ended up buying the exact same sized tank but a reef-ready model.
I’ve seen some of the eshops overflow kits and they look good but the reviews say the hole saw is bad and slips cracks tanks. How loud was your box?

Long time ago but it sure wasn't quiet. I don't know if my current system is any quieter though. It's in my office and I rather like the noise. I've got to jump on a call but google "bean animal overflow". I know a lot of folks like those and I believe @Adam had one.

I had a custom 60" one of these on a 220. Dead silent.

I used the Eshops overflow box with the included holesaw, and it was perfect. Do it exactly how the instructions say, and you have no problems.

Wow so many options to look for. Idk which one to go with haha.

4BBFDBF0-D9CF-4837-BB7A-D0C8E243A5A5.jpegTonight’s stand progress. Does anyone have any pain recommendations?

Back