65G stocking suggestions

OxReef

Reaction score
So short of 5 blue chromis my RSM 250 (38x21x26.5) is waiting for more fish-along with my 5 yr old who calls clownfish clownfish aka proud dad moment.

I’m planning on moving a pair of @Cook’s occ clowns over-though part of me wants to try a harem given their age though realistically a pair is better long term.

I’ve had tangs in the past and this tank isn’t quite the size for one though a love a Tomini/scopas but may go for a flame angel (wife) as the centerpiece but am open to thoughts.

Bottom wise I’m around 2” of fiji pink-likely a watchman goby and potentially another along with a lawnmower blenny for personality.

I’ve always loved having assessors for their cave dwelling

I’m also looking at some sunburst anthias or going with a collection of flasher wrasses given the hood and their coloration.

Coral wise will likely be mixed-less focus on acros and more lps. Though my 58G started this way too and went full SPS over time.

Sorry for the rambling just looking to get some feedback. :)

What’s the recommended gallons for a scopas tang? Last I remember they didn’t need as much room as most tangs! You might be okay to go that route 👍 I’ve had a yellow tang in my 75g for two years and she’s the queen of the tank!

I have a flame Tomini in my tank. I would not have both a tomini and a lawnmower Blenny in the same tank based on my experience. For cleanup crew and the personality you mentioned, I prefer the lawnmower. I added the Tomini last, but he absolutely terrorized my lawnmower until the lawnmower disappeared. I replaced the blenny with another one and the Tomini killed him so I gave up. My wife hates the tang, it’s the one fish she wants me to get rid of, so if you really have to have one let me know. ;)

I have a tomini and a starry blenny together in a 65 gallon, and they get along mostly fine. Tomini is definitely the dominate one, but it's never been more than "hey look at me I'm the boss". He's never done any damage to any other fish I've added after him. I also have a pygmy angelfish, royal gramma, yellow coris wrasse, and royal gramma in there too.

I have a flame Tomini in my tank. I would not have both a tomini and a lawnmower Blenny in the same tank based on my experience. For cleanup crew and the personality you mentioned, I prefer the lawnmower. I added the Tomini last, but he absolutely terrorized my lawnmower until the lawnmower disappeared. I replaced the blenny with another one and the Tomini killed him so I gave up. My wife hates the tang, it’s the one fish she wants me to get rid of, so if you really have to have one let me know. ;)
I’d rather have the tomini over the blenny so just lmk. :). Happy wife happy life. 😉

Back