75 gallon build in the wall

joshl

Market
Reaction score
well i just got finished cutting the hole in the wall mounting the stand to the wall and intalling all the pvc pipe and as soone as everything drys i will start adding the water and salt i will have pictures up soon

heres one i have almost finished it and will get more pictures up tomorrow
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Cool I want to do the same if the wife will approve of it....lol. keep us posted on your build.

You're supposed to put the tank BEHIND the wall!!!

J/K, looks good! So howabout some pics from the front?

i have the battery on charge this morning because my little girl went postal and was taking pictures of everything yesterday and the battery died on me so i will take more pictures and post tonight

i know i need more rock but it will work for now
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

i did have some drywall dust that ended up in the tank will it hurt anything?

after looking at the bottom of the tank last night somethng that i noticed was that my 2 center braces on my stand i built are not touching the bottom of the tank so the only support under the tank right now is the back and the sides and the front do i need to move the braces up to touch teh bottom of the tank or is it ok?

ok the cycle finally finished and i have moved the 3 little fish i have left from the last tank busting over to it and the one crab left and will run it for a few months before adding anything else!

how long should i wait to start adding corals, i did have established sand and rock with a little die off and my tank just finished cycling

I think the general recommendation is softies are alright whenever, SPS should be added when you get dime-sized spots of coraline on the back wall.

Drywall dust = no biggie.

Don't worry about the center brace underneath. The tank must be evenly supported and perfectly level, supported all around the outside edges. Level is important because if it "twists" even a bit, that can put undue stress on the bottom seams.

Don't rush the cycle... it will be ready for corals when water parameters say so :) And even when they do say so, I'd go slowly. The more mature and stable the tank is, the better.

Looks good :)

Jenn

Back